Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Installing AUX Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017 | 01:44 PM
epson390
|
Intermediate
Default Help Installing AUX Driving Lights

Hi All -

I recently purchased the following lights for my 2017 SGS.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-led-fog-lamps

With this wiring harness.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...11-69201109--1

Now for the life of me I can't figure out where to plug the harness into the bike.

I also installed the factory light switch from an Ultra that goes next to the key location. The switch is already wired and shows power when depressed.

Any suggestions.

Old 07-14-2017 | 02:05 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Red face

From the instructions with your harness:
  • Install the fog lamps and mounting brackets to the vehicle per the instructions in those kits.
  • If NO auxiliary lamp switch is present:If an auxiliary lamp switch IS present:
  • See a Harley-Davidson dealer to purchase an original equipment (OE) auxiliary lamp switch for this year/ model vehicle, OR
  • Use the universal LED Bullet Fog Lamp Harness (Kit No. 69200863) instead of this kit.
  • Bat Wing models: Access the four-way auxiliary lamp connector [31] on one side. Separate the connector halves. Plug this harness in between the two separated connectors.
  • Frame-mounted fairing models: Remove outer fairing. Find four-way turn signal lamp connector [C31]. Plug this harness in between the two separated connectors.
  • See Figure 1. Route the two harness legs and connectors (2) downward to the base of the front downtube. Plug the harness into the fog lamps.
  • Coil up any excess wire. Use cable straps (7) to secure the harness legs to the engine guard.
Are you referring to your FSM?!

Old 07-14-2017 | 02:11 PM
epson390
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by grbrown
From the instructions with your harness:
  • Install the fog lamps and mounting brackets to the vehicle per the instructions in those kits.
  • If NO auxiliary lamp switch is present:If an auxiliary lamp switch IS present:
  • See a Harley-Davidson dealer to purchase an original equipment (OE) auxiliary lamp switch for this year/ model vehicle, OR
  • Use the universal LED Bullet Fog Lamp Harness (Kit No. 69200863) instead of this kit.
  • Bat Wing models: Access the four-way auxiliary lamp connector [31] on one side. Separate the connector halves. Plug this harness in between the two separated connectors.
  • Frame-mounted fairing models: Remove outer fairing. Find four-way turn signal lamp connector [C31]. Plug this harness in between the two separated connectors.
  • See Figure 1. Route the two harness legs and connectors (2) downward to the base of the front downtube. Plug the harness into the fog lamps.
  • Coil up any excess wire. Use cable straps (7) to secure the harness legs to the engine guard.
Are you referring to your FSM?!
Thank you for the info, I did see these with the wiring harness. However, the part I am stuck on is "Find the four way turn signal lamp connector."

Old 07-14-2017 | 02:13 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Red face

It looks like it is connector #31. Gotta be inside the batwing! But instructions could be clearer. We need a volunteer with a similar bike.....