Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not riding....sort of. :-)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:44 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Not riding....sort of. :-)

Rideing a mcis my main activity. I go to work to relax and if I really want a work out I stay home with the kids[&:]

Old 06-09-2007, 01:30 PM
gordon188
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 59 been retired for seven years, was doing weight training and jogging, got the EGC, quit the jogging, now I have put on 15 lbs. I got to do something, my pants can't take much more.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brzemo, glad you got to the emergency room in time. Nothing like that to get your mind right. I haven't had an attack yet, but I'm 56, so who knows. I need to get more regular exercise. Really like pedaling the bike, but need to do it more consistently.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Timex
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I try ti ride my FLHX on clear, cool (not too hot) mornings and evenings. Ride my "pedal bike" mid day on the beach. Both are good for the head. The pedal bike is my Cardio workout. Does Mustang make a seat for a pedal bike? lol

Old 06-10-2007, 12:34 AM
JBA111
Road Captain

57 a couple months ago. I drug out the ol bike about7 years ago too. I love to go pedeling. Just gets the lungs an legs pumped up, clears the head too. Got me a great road bike about 4 years ago, man what a feeling to wear out a good set of tires from pedeling those many miles.
I been thinking about packing some shorts, sneekers and Tshirt and a washcloth an towel, then ride the Ultra a couple hours to some cool spot and change cloths then take off for a run.
Then wipe off and change back to ride the Ultra some more. ya got to admit there are so many great places to run or bike that we ride right past on our scooters.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:00 AM
unclekunkle
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Anthony8858

I have a dilema.

About 4 weeks ago, I decided to purchase a road bike AND a mountain bike. Problem is, I feel sad every time I look at my shiny RK in my garage. And my wife would never let me live it down, if I came home from a bike ride, then hopped on the RK for a spin. She would lose it.

So... Is the dilema the balance between good health and good livin ... or that your would lose it if you ride the shiny RK?

Old 06-10-2007, 01:51 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I will turn 35 in just over an hour. My wife says I am going through a mid life crisis, although, I don't feel I am middle aged yet. I cut my hair in a mohawk type look, as much as I could do and still keep my job. And although I have not started to work out, I have lost a little over 35 lbs in the last year, without doing anything. Except the consumption of my previosly favorite beverage, BOURBON. A year ago last month I stopped drinking. Not completely, though. I have had 5 occasions that I have had a drink since then, but stopped at one. Just not for me, right now. It may not seem like a lot for some, but I was drinking 6-7 nights a week. So, it was a big change for me. I feel better, for sure, but need to start doing some exercise. If I feel this good already, some cardio, will make it even better. When I got out of the Corp, I was in excellent shape, and worked out at least twice a day. Obviously, I have a very addictive personality. No booze anymore, but this pc gets a lot of time. So much so, that my wife says she would rather I take up drinking again. LOL

You will find a balance, just give it time.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer

ORIGINAL: unclekunkle

ORIGINAL: Anthony8858

I have a dilema.

About 4 weeks ago, I decided to purchase a road bike AND a mountain bike. Problem is, I feel sad every time I look at my shiny RK in my garage. And my wife would never let me live it down, if I came home from a bike ride, then hopped on the RK for a spin. She would lose it.

So... Is the dilema the balance between good health and good livin ... or that your Wife would lose it if you ride the shiny RK?
Never mind...My Wife set me straight (Hellooo)

Old 06-10-2007, 04:22 PM
madmikee
Tourer

You guys are lucky to only deal with age.

As a leo formany years, I abused my body on the streetsdealing with drunks, bar fights etc, etc etc.
I broke many bones, and was shot once. Had multiple surgeries due to line of duty injuries.

I was forced to retire at 41. I now at 53 have severe arthritis. I take morphine 3 times a day just to be able towalk.

My Ultra is my only link to being a "normal" person. I try to ride 50 miles daily, but sometimes the weather keeps me home.

Take care of the body while you can. You only have so many miles on it, just like the bike.