Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmet recs

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 02:33 PM
maverick2076
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Full face helmet recs

I'm curious to see what everyone who is wearing a FF is wearing on their touring bikes? I'm on a '14 SG and am looking for a new helmet. I love my Gringo, but I am ready to look for something with some more venting and features. What would you recommend?

Old 07-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,190 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Currently wearing an Arai Vector-2, but it's almost ready for retirement.

I will probably replace it with either a Schuberth C-4 or Shoei Neotec (both modular helmets).

Old 07-12-2017, 03:48 PM
electra_boogaloo
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

i have an icon airmada and a bell bullitt. used a gringo for a while. now i'm pretty much only using the bullitt because it gives me a wide field of veiw. i like the icon most because it's a great fit, good weather sealing, and very safe feeling.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:54 PM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 82 Posts

Vega Carbon Fiber--- 3 lbs.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:59 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts

I have a Neotec. I love it, but it has some flaws. Behind the screen of an Ultra, its loud, and hot. (during the cooler months it is loud and warm!) I wear earplugs though. It is also heavy. All modulars are though. Fit and finish are awesome. Cost is ridiculous. Replacement parts are easy to find and you can remove the innards and wash them. The drop down sunscreen and the visor are great.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:02 PM
LaskoFan
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been doing some recent research on FF helmets. I currently ride with a 1/2 helmet but looking for three things - more protection, ride in colder weather, and ride with better visibility in the rain. I don't know if I will be able to give up my 1/2 helmet in total.

The best advice I can give you at this time is going to a few local shops and try on a bunch of helmets. Find out which ones best fit your head and then do some research from there. For me, I found a few that really fit me well - Shoei RF-1200 and new RF-SR. Both are up there in price and I really like the understated style and lower price of the RF-SR.

Bang for the buck, the Scorpion AXO-R710 is in the running. The fit is not as good as the other two but could be fine with some breaking in, especially in the cheek pad area.

Again, this is my short list based on what I have tried on and researched. Your mileage may vary. Happy hunting.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:03 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts

revzilla has good reviews and also webbikeworld.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,026 Likes on 7,306 Posts

Originally Posted by jammerx
I have a Neotec. I love it, but it has some flaws. Behind the screen of an Ultra, its loud, and hot. (during the cooler months it is loud and warm!) I wear earplugs though. It is also heavy. All modulars are though. Fit and finish are awesome. Cost is ridiculous. Replacement parts are easy to find and you can remove the innards and wash them. The drop down sunscreen and the visor are great.
Well that is disappointing to hear. I think about everything behind the fairing and screen of an Ultra will be hot. Just fact with small air intakes. But I thought the Neotec was one of the quietest on the market based on reviews.

Thanks

Old 07-12-2017, 04:17 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 600 Posts

It's not technically a full face but I wear it when I go on long trips and in winter time to give my face a little more protection from the cold.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:26 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,486 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Shoei RF-1200. Love it! It fits my head properly and I like the venting. I wanted a 6D carbon fibre helmet but the shape was wrong and put pressure on the front of my head.

Quick Reply: Full face helmet recs