Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:35 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

HD bearings on my '11 RKC are still doing fine.
I have had other bearing issues and research info that may be interesting to some. I bought a new mountain bike, full suspension, last year. Six pivot bearings on the bike suspension. In about 2 months, a lower bearing disintegrated. Back to the dealer under warranty, got bearings replaced, asked for and received old bearings. Did some research, found this to be a common problem. Factory bearings were junk, poor seals, *****, and very little lube - mostly gone. The common fix in my research was to replace the bearings with Enduro Max Bearings with a Double Lip Seal, Maximum Compliment of quality *****, and a superior water resistant grease. These bearings are used in rear trailing arms of off road motorcycles, and eliminate the problem. Three months later, stock bearings crap out again. Back to the dealer, told them I want Enduro Max Bearings installed this time, even if I have to pay for them. They told me "We have them in stock, that's what we install on team race bikes purchased here, upon request".
Different as night and day, no more problems.
In summary, bearing quality is good ball and race combo, the right kind and amount of lube, and excellent seals.
I feel confident that I can locate great bearings for my 'King when the time comes, but it is bothersome to think about the lack of choices when it comes to that ABS front bearing. Oh well, happy motoring gang...