Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Harmon Kardin Issue!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:17 PM
stevenbekahs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Harmon Kardin Issue!!

Hi all.

I've got an 06' Ultra...

I ordered the Hogtunes speakers the other day...very excited to get them as I've read they make a nice difference...

So, in planning to get them I decided to update my radio software just to make sure I was fully "optimized"...

What a dumb decision that was...

(You know the ol' saying "if it aint broke..."?)

Anyway, I download the software, burn it to a CD, go through the motions of installing it...

It's installed but NOW my radio is TOTALLY LOCKED THE HECK UP!

The display comes on, it looks normal however there is NO sound and NONE of the controls work...

I tried the "hold two softkeys" deal to get to the diagnositics menu and because the darn thing is locked up it's not even recognizing me touching the softkeys so I can't get to that menu...

Then I read that if you disconnect the MAIN fuse for an hour or so, it will fully reset the radio...did that and NO luck!

Now what!

I'm 99% sure my hogtunes speakers are showing up tomorrow but right now, I've got a non-responding radio!

I need help!

Thanks in advance!!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts
Default RE: Another Harmon Kardin Issue!!

Is the CD still in the stereo? Have you tried disconnecting the battery and re-connecting? I know pulling the fuse should do the same thing, but you never know. CTRL + ALT + DELETE?

Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Timex
Tourer

These bikes should come with a master reset switch. Hit "Esc" ???

Old 06-08-2007, 11:38 PM
stevenbekahs
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Is the CD still in the stereo? Have you tried disconnecting the battery and re-connecting? I know pulling the fuse should do the same thing, but you never know. CTRL + ALT + DELETE?
Yup, the CD is still in there...and yes I tried disconnecting the battery. Like I said, the DISPLAY looks normal...like it would when you just start it up to head out for a nice ride...it's just FROZEN completely...no sound and none of the buttons on the radio work and none of the switches on the bike work. There must be another MASTER reset somewhere on this @$@#$@#$@% thing!!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:23 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: stevenbekahs

Yup, the CD is still in there...and yes I tried disconnecting the battery. Like I said, the DISPLAY looks normal...like it would when you just start it up to head out for a nice ride...it's just FROZEN completely...no sound and none of the buttons on the radio work and none of the switches on the bike work. There must be another MASTER reset somewhere on this @$@#$@#$@% thing!!
There's this blurb in the firmware-update instructions: "If the CD appears jammed or will not eject, turn off the radio, turn the ignition key switch to OFF, pull the vehicle maxi-fuse, and wait five minutes before replacing the fuse. Try ejecting the CD again once power has been restored."

This isn't exactly your problem, but you might try it. You said you pulled the fuse, but was it the maxi-fuse?

Old 06-09-2007, 01:36 AM
stevenbekahs
2nd Gear

Yup, I pulled the Maxi fuse...still not working

Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 AM
jrudicel
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Along the same conversation... Is there anywhere a person can find the OLDER versions of the software? I have upgraded each time myself and think at times that the older software had less issues at times.. and of course I didnt save them each time I downloaded the newer one...

Old 06-09-2007, 07:43 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

damn!!! i aint downloadin nuthin!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 08:40 AM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

http://www.hogtunes.com/softwareupdates.htm

Old 06-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jrudicel

Along the same conversation... Is there anywhere a person can find the OLDER versions of the software? I have upgraded each time myself and think at times that the older software had less issues at times.. and of course I didnt save them each time I downloaded the newer one...
I have ver 8.9 or something like that. If anyone wants just pm me with your email and I will send it to you. Like original poster said "If it ain't broke." I have always thought like that even with the 8 degree injectors. My bike runs great with them.

Quick Reply: Another Harmon Kardin Issue!!