Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kendon Trailer, compelled to tell a good story

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017 | 06:48 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hattitude
The trailer he had was very similar to this one... probably a slightly older version..

https://www.kendonusa.com/product/du...cycle-trailer/

Don't misunderstand, it was a well-built trailer, I shouldn't have said "felt real cheap"...

It seemed small, and sure seemed like I was at it's weight limit with just one bike.... I really didn't like the small loading ramp. I found it a pain to load.

My friend routinely trailers two bikes, one is a Limited. He's trailered them quite a distance without incident.... He loves it..

Again, I must be picky... I like a more substantial trailer under my bike, if it needs to be trailered. Also, if I were going any distance, with two bikes, I would insist on a dual axle trailer.... just me, I guess...

kendon makes two versions, one is not a 'ride up' while the other is. if the one you used had a small ramp, then I think you had the version that they do not recommend riding up. the ride up version has a much wider ramp so you have positive foot placement. it is a little more expensive, but imo, worth it. I don't care to walk beside my bike, while it is under power, to load it on the trailer.

either way, the trailer will support two full sized bikes without exceeding the weight limit.

Old 07-08-2017 | 08:39 PM
Lostrider
Advanced

Great story for sure. I have a Kendon single rail ride up trailer for a few years now. I bought it new and never regret the purchase. After this story I would be inclined to make a future dual set up purchase from Kendon again. I never worry about the nay sayers on trailering. We all have our reasons. For me I have a wife with multiple herniated disc in her neck and back. While she still loves to ride with me, the long trips just are not good for her anymore.

Old 07-09-2017 | 08:19 AM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Good job Kendon!! good deeds are far and few between....

Old 07-09-2017 | 10:09 AM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member

There are way lot more good people then we hear about because of this media loves to talk about anything negative instead of all the goodness in this world. Very good story and your plans to enjoy more riding while avoiding the bad weather conditions.

Old 07-11-2017 | 11:46 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hattitude
The trailer he had was very similar to this one... probably a slightly older version..

https://www.kendonusa.com/product/du...cycle-trailer/

Don't misunderstand, it was a well-built trailer, I shouldn't have said "felt real cheap"...Again, I must be picky... I like a more substantial trailer under my bike, if it needs to be trailered. Also, if I were going any distance, with two bikes, I would insist on a dual axle trailer.... just me, I guess...
Gotcha. I have a enclosed trailer. Much more weight and heavier frame/axle/suspension. Trailer stays true doing 70, which is "my" limit for speed. Drop down gate makes it nice for loading the bike or hauling anything else. If I had to do it again, I'd probably buy even a little bigger trailer.

Old 07-11-2017 | 12:51 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Happy Trails!!