Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kendon Trailer, compelled to tell a good story

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,723 Likes on 842 Posts

By doing a good deed, they get lots of free advertizing! Thanks for the write up. My old boss had one, let me borrow it a couple of times. Nice trailer, even with only one bike on it, pulls great.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:05 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

In our world we need more feel good stories like this, thanks to you & Kendon.

Ride & tow safely.

John

Old 07-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Herbkell
Tourer
Received 114 Likes on 43 Posts

Great story - thanks for sharing

I have owned a Kendon trailer - first class product and first class vendor

Old 07-07-2017, 01:44 PM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Great story, and this women now has a peace within even while dealing with her loss.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 17,981 Likes on 7,294 Posts

Awesome story, thank you for sharing.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:39 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 4,364 Posts

Great story.....! Luckily, there are still a lot of good people in the world... they just don't get any press...!

As for the trailer, I must be really hard to please. I borrowed a friend's dual Kendon Trailer to to tow my Heritage to a shop for repairs, after I was hit on the front end......

I didn't like the trailer at all.... too small, felt real cheap, and I was worried that my damaged motorcycle might not make it without further damage...

I decided to have a different shop do the repairs.... I still had my friend's trailer, I hadn't returned it yet. I looked at the Kendon, and then went to U-haul and rented one of their motorcycle trailers instead..... I felt the bike was much safer on the u-haul trailer....

Old 07-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Great story.....! Luckily, there are still a lot of good people in the world... they just don't get any press...!

As for the trailer, I must be really hard to please. I borrowed a friend's dual Kendon Trailer to to tow my Heritage to a shop for repairs, after I was hit on the front end......

I didn't like the trailer at all.... too small, felt real cheap, and I was worried that my damaged motorcycle might not make it without further damage...

I decided to have a different shop do the repairs.... I still had my friend's trailer, I hadn't returned it yet. I looked at the Kendon, and then went to U-haul and rented one of their motorcycle trailers instead..... I felt the bike was much safer on the u-haul trailer....
What size trailer? What size wheels and axle? Many manufacturers make "entry level" trailers. I have a single axle 12" V-nosed trailer and have zero complaints. As the OP purchased a trailer large enough for two bikes, I doubt his was too small and probably not cheap, either. Good solid used trailers are available for less than half of a new one. While I agree we all have opinions, more data is needed in comparing apples to apples...

Old 07-08-2017, 09:17 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Good story, thanks for posting.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:44 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 4,364 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
What size trailer? What size wheels and axle? Many manufacturers make "entry level" trailers. I have a single axle 12" V-nosed trailer and have zero complaints. As the OP purchased a trailer large enough for two bikes, I doubt his was too small and probably not cheap, either. Good solid used trailers are available for less than half of a new one. While I agree we all have opinions, more data is needed in comparing apples to apples...
The trailer he had was very similar to this one... probably a slightly older version..

https://www.kendonusa.com/product/du...cycle-trailer/

Don't misunderstand, it was a well-built trailer, I shouldn't have said "felt real cheap"...

It seemed small, and sure seemed like I was at it's weight limit with just one bike.... I really didn't like the small loading ramp. I found it a pain to load.

My friend routinely trailers two bikes, one is a Limited. He's trailered them quite a distance without incident.... He loves it..

Again, I must be picky... I like a more substantial trailer under my bike, if it needs to be trailered. Also, if I were going any distance, with two bikes, I would insist on a dual axle trailer.... just me, I guess...

Old 07-08-2017, 05:27 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Ive hauled my SG from IN to Fl, and also 2 SG's from IN to CO. Made no difference if single or 2 bikes. Towed the same. I believe it has a 2000 or 2200# capacity??? So even 2 bikes still leave some room. The older units had small ramps. The newer ones have wider ramps with fold out extensions. My really only grip is the fenders make for a tight load/unload. Bike has to be leaned just a hair to clear if you have lowers. And then stepping over the fenders while loading. If the fender could be moved out at least 6", would make a huge difference. Otherwise, great trailers for those of us that don't want to store enclosed trailers for the couple times/yr use.

Quick Reply: Kendon Trailer, compelled to tell a good story