Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals or Not?? Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default True Duals or Not?? Need advice

I'm considering switching to Vance and Hines Tru Duals and I just dont know if I have enough info to make an educated decision on what to do.
I'm on a 02 RKC Injected, I have the Screamin Eagle Air cleaner and PCIII. I havent noticed a DAMN DIFFERENCE IN POWER WHATSOEVER!!!! I'm getting frustrated!

I've heard that the tru duals will lose some torque but possibly gain HP in the top end, And they will help your rear cylinder run cooler. But they are harder to tune. But they sound awesome!

I've heard that the stock header is about the most efficient there is. BUT You will have heat issues and your not getting a true 50/50 split of exhaust gasses.

I have Vance and Hines Basic Slip ons and some Hooker Tuned Flow Slip ons. Ive had the V&H on my bike for a year and the Hookers have been on for a week, They are LOUD AS HELL!! Not too sure If I like em enough yet. Once I decide which slip ons to keep I'll make the decision on the duals.

I JUST NEED SOME OPINIONS FROM USERS.

are the Vance and Hines duals worth the money or should I go with the FullSac conversion?

Thanks

Old 06-07-2007, 10:50 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: True Duals or Not?? Need advice

Duals will normally make the exhaust LOUDER YET and seeing as they (Hookers) are new - They will get even louder as they break in...

V&H makes an outstanding Dual Header.. Going in that direction myself (when I get caught-up on all the $$$ I have already spent on the new bike)!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 PM
jcboof
Tourer

I'm thinkin about ditchin the Hooker pipes, They are just tooo loud for my taste it think, I'm trying to get some info about V&H Ovals. I just want to know a little more about duals first.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

I just took off my V&H TD's. I went with a 2-1 pipe. Pulls like a mother the whole way to 6200 RPM and my legs love it also. Solved the burning leg/legs syndrome.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
jcboof
Tourer

Bryan... How much you selling the duals for???

Old 06-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: jcboof

Bryan... How much you selling the duals for???
Cheap, but they might be spoken for. Waiting for a reply from a forum member. I shouldhear something soon.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bryan1724

I just took off my V&H TD's. I went with a 2-1 pipe. Pulls like a mother the whole way to 6200 RPM and my legs love it also. Solved the burning leg/legs syndrome.
That's interesting. I have 0 heat issues with the duals but when had the Fatcat on the heat was back in a big way!

Old 06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
jcboof
Tourer

As far as power and torque are considered. Yea or Nay?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

I did the Fullsac conversion on mine and went with the Rinehart slip ons. The bike runs great. I didnt notice any loss in low end torque. In fact it seems to be better.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

With two sniffers it is actually easier to tune a true dual than a system with crossover pipe since the true duals (using a sniffer up each pipe)allow measuring accurately the a/f in each cylinder; the other doesn't.

I put Rinehart TD's on my '04 EG and noticed the reduced heat on my right leg in Metro Atlanta summer heat at stop signs, lights, etc.

As for hp/torque, with a stock motor, I'm pretty sure my butt dyno wouldn't notice the difference between a stock header pipe w/V&H, Rinehart, etc. slip-ons compared to true duals.

Quick Reply: True Duals or Not?? Need advice