Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals or Not?? Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:52 AM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: True Duals or Not?? Need advice

So with a PCIII is it possible to tune each cylinder? I had a dyno guy at a HD stealership tell me that the SERT doesnt have the ability to tune individual cylinders where the PCIII does.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 PM
ltatkinson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jcboof

Let me know if you are going to sell you Hookers. That is what I'm looking for if I can put them on a 07 Roadking.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tru Duals

Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
rallymedik
Intermediate

I did the true dual set-up when I had the Vance Hines Slip ons..I didn't like the new sound..Ditched the whole system, and went with a thunder header..Lost some weight off the bike doing that also which was noticable..and woke up the motor alot..

Jus my .02 cents

Old 06-08-2007, 02:02 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JC,

I don't have true duals, as a matter of fact I am running the stock head pipes with after market slip ons. All I have ever heard about true duals was that you will lose H.P. and torque when you switch to them. I have heard it time and time again from friends and from mebers of this forum. But, recently while at the dealer getting my bike dyno'd the tech that was to do the work was talking to the guy whose bike he had just tuned. He brought out the stock exhaust and asked the customer if he wanted it to which the man saidno.The tech gave the man his before and after dyno sheets ( which I did'nt get to see ) and I heard him say that he got him7 more horses and 6 more ft/lbs of torque. I watched the guy get on his bike and ride away with a big grin from ear to ear. He had true duals. I asked the tech what all the guy had done, just a new exhaust was the answer. I told the tech that I was under the impression that you would lose torque and H.P. whan you went to true duals. He told me that it is all in how thebike was tuned. He said if the tuner knows what he is doing he should be able to get more of both with true duals. Sounds to me maybe you should ask your favorite tuner and see what he says. I would like to know myself so if you find any info I would appreciate it if you would pass it along.

Jeff

Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 PM
jcboof
Tourer

ORIGINAL: nightglide

Tru Duals
NightGlide,

I WANT YOUR BIKE!!! Its Beautiful. Its exactly what Ive been wanting, Sweet Ride Man!

Old 06-08-2007, 02:51 PM
rpt63
Tourer

I did the fulsac conversion on my 06 RK and I lost 2 hp and 2lbs tq but the drop inhp my have been from the slip ons which are the SE Pros, VH makes good exaust system so you my not lose the hp as I did. The bike is louder for sure with the duals. I am going with a 2-1 system so I can get my tq and maybe my hp back and get rid of some more ex heat.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

jcb: The dyno guy at your "stealership" lied or didn't know what he was talking about; the SERT will tune each cylinder for fuel and timing. Many "dyno guys" at dealerships are untrained or undertrained; others simply don't like to have to work on SERT's because of its tuneability over anything else on the market. Yes, they will take a SERT and load a canned map, but that is about all they can/want to do.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:47 PM
jcboof
Tourer

Thats kindof what I was thinking too, Why the hell would a tuner cost soooo much money but not be adjustable enough to work on true duals.
I'm thinking about doing the duals now.
Now all I got to figure out is what mufflers to go with, My v & h Basics or some new Ovals.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:56 AM
cgonzgo
Tourer

Well I just installed the Bassani Power Curve dual set up on my bike, tuned the PCIII to it with a close map (plug color check only for now). The bike feels a bit flatter in the mid range, good off the line, great at the top. I am going to wait till I do the cams/heads before dyno'ing it. I must say though, the sound is WAY better than stock, makes my cans really boom! I went duals cause I just didn't like the way the 2into1 sounded......

Quick Reply: True Duals or Not?? Need advice