Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Add A Fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005 | 10:52 PM
blowe
Tourer
Default RE: Add A Fairing?

Brian that's an 8".

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:03 PM
Cohiba_Joe
|
Road Captain

On either the Hoppe's or the Dragonfly it looks like they come in a standard black gelcoat. Is the outer shell glossy enough to work on a black bike? If not I can do the painting myself but it would be nice not to worry about having to do that.

Thanks

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:07 PM
BigTinVA
Cruiser

I would definately paint it. The gel coat just won't have the nice vivid black shine.

Old 10-12-2005 | 02:00 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

if it makes it look like a glide.............im in!! seriously you will love it!!

Old 10-12-2005 | 02:37 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

This is also going to be my next project since I have just finished the installation of the removable tourpack with a travel trunk in the rear from an UltraClassic with all the factroy wired lighting and AM/FM and CB antenna bases installed.

I'm not big on the radio, but want gauges, oil psi, oil temp, head temp, outdoor temp and tach. Without going to the stock fairing from an UltraClassic will I be able to do that?

Sorry for asking a question in this good post, not trying to hi-jack, just wanting to stay on subject with like mind question.

Thanks

Old 10-12-2005 | 07:15 AM
BigTinVA
Cruiser

Ram,
Adding all of those gauges and a tach would be quite a bit of work and would definately go against the quick detach idea of one of these fairings. If you want to go that route, I would try to get a fairing from an EG to install as they have the right holes for the gauges.

Old 10-12-2005 | 07:46 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

That is exactly what I'm thinking, I like the idea of taking it off, but once the oil psi is on, its darn close to perminant! And spend that much money for a detachable is not what I'm having in mind. I think it would be better to go with a perminant from the EG. Thanks,
Gary

Old 10-13-2005 | 12:38 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

Can Ya Hear Me Now?!?!

I def like the look of it, but that's alotta CA$H...

BTW..Eclipse is a GREAT Brand[sm=hail.gif]

Old 10-13-2005 | 11:37 AM
Cohiba_Joe
|
Road Captain

Hey Ram......

I have already started working on the main harness for the quick disconnect. I will be adding gauges but I haven't decided exactly which ones yet. In regards to the oil pressure, does the EG oil pressure gauge use a true mechanical gauge (actual oil in a tube at the back of the gauge) or is it an electrical sending unit that converts the oil psi into electrical impulses that are then read using a magnetic type gauge (like most cars these days)? Either type can be setup with a quick disconnect but of course the electrical one would be much easier.

Basically I will have two main disconnect points - the orignal one on the fairing for the radio and the one I make that will connect all gauges I install. It's hard to tell how much room there is above the radio to install gauges even using the 2" ones. Guess I'll find out.

Brian

Old 10-13-2005 | 10:04 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Cohiba_Joe

Hey Ram......

I have already started working on the main harness for the quick disconnect. I will be adding gauges but I haven't decided exactly which ones yet. In regards to the oil pressure, does the EG oil pressure gauge use a true mechanical gauge (actual oil in a tube at the back of the gauge) or is it an electrical sending unit that converts the oil psi into electrical impulses that are then read using a magnetic type gauge (like most cars these days)? Either type can be setup with a quick disconnect but of course the electrical one would be much easier.

Basically I will have two main disconnect points - the orignal one on the fairing for the radio and the one I make that will connect all gauges I install. It's hard to tell how much room there is above the radio to install gauges even using the 2" ones. Guess I'll find out.

Brian

Brian,

I would prefer to have a mechanical oil psi gauge. I'm not sure what the EG has for gauge. My dealer parts guy is getting a shopping list up for me and I was to have called him back yesterday but missed him and today was his day off. I won't be able to reach him until tomorrow!

Can you shoot some pix of the quick disconnect (qd) that your working on and post them or IM me and I'll send my e-mail address? I liking hearing about that qd and would like to see it as well as the gauge room inside so I can get an idea of how and what to layout as well.

That would help me in making a decision on going a factory setup or not. I know that the factory parts are not cheap by anymeans! That could be money well spent on something else.

Thanks,
Gary

Quick Reply: Add A Fairing?