Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 01:08 AM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wow looks nice

Originally Posted by lopezluna
Made my wire diagrams
Soldered every wire
Used shrink tube
Crimped on new molex connectors and inserted back in to the connectors. I pulled all the wire harnesses inside the handlebars and tested them.
Heres a pic of the burly bars before i replaced the front brake cable.
Burly beach bars installed. These are the 38.5 width bars not the bikini bars. I was going to re-install my H.D heated grips but i would have had to bore the inside left of the bars and i chose not to.
08 road king with burly beach bars
I have Burly 18 apes and been thinking about beach bars lately How is the comfort and turning around??

Old 07-05-2017, 06:11 PM
lopezluna
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pounder35
I have Burly 18 apes and been thinking about beach bars lately How is the comfort and turning around??
pounder35 The Burly beach bars are way more comfortable than my stock bars. I dont feel turning is a problem. If i were to lower my bars any more then the bars would hit my gas cap and fuel gauge and therefore limit turn radius. I am thinking about installing the flush gas cap/fuel gauge so i can lower my bars a little more just for looks, but i am not in any hurry because they are comfortable as they are and look good to me. Lopezluna

Old 07-06-2017, 06:00 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Lookin' good. Had them on my ol' '06 RKC as it was very comfortable. No regrets except for turning left or right real sharp which makes it a little difficult to handle, but otherwise it's handling is awesome.

Thorey

Old 07-06-2017, 10:33 AM
lopezluna
Novice

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
Lookin' good. Had them on my ol' '06 RKC as it was very comfortable. No regrets except for turning left or right real sharp which makes it a little difficult to handle, but otherwise it's handling is awesome.

Thorey
Thanks DeafUltra. Day and night difference between Burly bars and the stock bars. These are way more comfortable. Samson fishtail pipes

Old 07-06-2017, 10:35 AM
lopezluna
Novice

Originally Posted by lopezluna
Thanks DeafUltra. Day and night difference between Burly bars and the stock bars. These are way more comfortable. Samson fishtail pipes
My Samson headers and 39" fishtail pipes got delivered today 😁. I should be installing those tonight.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Buggz
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish you did this before I did mine, luckily I didn't have to extend my wires, great job on the step-by-step...
I was not sure what Beach Bars I had I got them off Craigs List, they sure look like the ones you have..
I love the way they handle, I took off the Heritage bars the last guy put on.

Attached Thumbnails 08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-img_0859.jpg   08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-img_0920.jpg   08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-image5.jpeg   08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-img_0918.jpg  
Old 07-06-2017, 11:39 AM
lopezluna
Novice

Originally Posted by Buggz
I wish you did this before I did mine, luckily I didn't have to extend my wires, great job on the step-by-step...
I was not sure what Beach Bars I had I got them off Craigs List, they sure look like the ones you have..
I love the way they handle, I took off the Heritage bars the last guy put on.
Thanks Biggz. You got lucky with the wires. The one wire harness on mine that was long enough was the TBW harness. I got lucky and did not have to change my clutch cable. **** bike, love the pipes! What lenght are the pipes 36" or 39"?

Old 07-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Buggz
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thx, 36" pythons, with cobra headers

Attached Thumbnails 08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-img_0915.jpg   08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-img_0860.jpg   08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-image.jpeg  
Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 AM
lopezluna
Novice

Originally Posted by Buggz
Thx, 36" pythons, with cobra headers
They look great!!

Old 07-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 305 Likes on 219 Posts

I replaced my carlini beach bars with some 14 inch wild one apes.....
Not sure I did the right thing......

Attached Thumbnails 08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-dscn0076.jpg   08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars-dscn0146.jpg  

Quick Reply: 08 Road King Classic installing Burly Beach Bars