Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding lowers

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 07:05 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Adding lowers

Planning on adding lowers with the speaker pods to my street glide, and have been doing extensive reading on the aftermarket ones available. It seems it's six of one, half a dozen of the other in respect to Advan Black, Fairing Factory, and Hogworkz. Those of you that went with one of them, mind chiming in on what helped you make your decision. Also has anyone tried painting theirs to match with the Colorites matching spray cans?

Attached Thumbnails Adding lowers-img_1192.png  
Old 06-17-2017, 08:48 PM
gregski
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed the Fairing Factory lowers with just the storage pods. The main attraction was the price. The biggest disappointment was that they came with absolutely no instructions. Just bags of parts. One of the welds on the pod doors broke during installation and they sent me a new one immediately. Downloaded the installations diagram from the HD website and was able to get them installed with little hassle. Luckily, my bike is black, so didn't have to paint. While the quality isn't absolutely perfect, you have to look pretty damn close to find the imperfection.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 928 Likes on 475 Posts

I went with the fairing factory 14 up style. They have the radiator grills like the wet head bikes. The provide block off plates that are removable. I run them with the block of plates removed most the time. The only thing I was disappointed with is, the vent that turns comes with no linkage or handles to open and close them. I sourced the parts through Harley and had to do some custom modification to make it work. Otherwise I had them painted to match my bike. They come with glove boxes and speaker pods both. I'm very pleased with them. I did a small write up on them.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...a-12-serg.html