Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC Switch - What does it do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007 | 11:01 AM
ricaroo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ACC Switch - What does it do?

I connected my acc switch to the windshield motorso I can raise and lower the shield on the fly Best thing I ever did

Old 10-12-2007 | 11:09 AM
acedantinne
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It shoots JB Weld all over the bike.
Kidding

It's for the ejection seat. That cost extra.My op? it's nto worth it.

Old 10-12-2007 | 11:29 AM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The brake light connection would be if your using auxiliary brake lights on a tourpak, saddlebag rails, whatever or for a device which triggers the loop in pavement so you could get a green light/turn arrow if you have a problem with your bike activating them. Some of the early design devices made an ultra-high pitched noise that drove neighborhood dogs nuts, so you only wanted to activate them briefly.
ORIGINAL: mrsr71

ORIGINAL: DeathWind

sincethe 4-pin connector under the seat has the following four connections: Gound, Brakes, ACC Switch, and Ignition.
Please excuse the dumb question but, why would there be a connection for the brakes?

Dan

Old 10-12-2007 | 11:33 AM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine turns the airbags off and on for whenever I ride with a child.....

Old 10-13-2007 | 02:18 PM
verwoodspring
Novice

ORIGINAL: MNPGRider

ORIGINAL: verwoodspring
Hi.
I connected my GPS to my bike (Ultra), and wanted to use the ACC switch to turn it on/off.
So I thought I would share how I connected it up - in an attempt to be helpful!
First of all the connector is under the seat. There are two very similar connectors under the seat, but they are wired differently. The connector I needed to use was hidden behind the battery.

Buy yourself an adaptor (#70264-94A). This allows you to use the bike socket, while also providing a "spare". It also means you don't have to cut any of the wires on the bike.

The four pins on the plug provide:
1. negative
2. positive (when the ignition is on)
3. positive (when the brake is applied)
4. positive (from the ACC switch).

I then cut one of the sockets off the lead, and wired up my device.

If you look down at the plug, with the flat part of the plug on the bottom, and the shaped bit at the top, it was wired as follows.(but you should really check yours with a power tester to make sure).
1. negative TOP RIGHT
2. positive (when the ignition is on) TOP RIGHT
3. positive (when the brake is applied) BOTTOM RIGHT
4. positive (from the ACC switch). BOTTOM LEFT
Thanks for the info, but did you really mean to have two top rights?

When I first plugged in my Air Zeppelin seat, the plug has just enough slack in the wire to reach. I cut the wire tires on the harness, and found a big bunch of slack wadded up in the wire harness. Retied the harness, and now have a nice amount of "tail" on the plugin, making it much easier to plug and unplug the seat.
Sorry. Should read:
If you look down at the plug, with the flat part of the plug on the bottom, and the shaped bit at the top, it was wired as follows.(but you should really check yours with a power tester to make sure).
1. negative TOP LEFT
2. positive (when the ignition is on) TOP RIGHT
3. positive (when the brake is applied) BOTTOM RIGHT
4. positive (from the ACC switch). BOTTOM LEFT

Don't forget, there are two sockets which look alike under the seat.... so make sure you use the correct one!

Old 10-13-2007 | 02:25 PM
thatguy
Tourer

So does the MOCO put all 4 Accessory switches on the Classics now.. .just like the Ultras? or do they put blank plugs in some positions?

Old 03-07-2011 | 11:25 PM
MJMagruder
Novice

Do anyone know if there is a part that connects to the connecter under the seat and has enough length of wire to reach the fairing? Rather than the "cig lighter" outlet, that is?

I'm determined to use the ACC switch for the driving lights, and am a bit nervous about cutting into any wire INSIDE the fairing.

Old 03-08-2011 | 09:37 AM
skydrifter
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wired it so that I could disengage the ABS. I only use my ABS when the roads are wet.

Old 03-08-2011 | 11:35 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by MJMagruder
Do anyone know if there is a part that connects to the connecter under the seat and has enough length of wire to reach the fairing? Rather than the "cig lighter" outlet, that is?

I'm determined to use the ACC switch for the driving lights, and am a bit nervous about cutting into any wire INSIDE the fairing.
You can buy the connector and pins and make the wire in any length you want. The specified tool for crimping the pins is expensive but there are lower cost alternatives, or maybe someone at a dealer will crimp them for you.

Old 03-08-2011 | 12:02 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Fandango6
Mine has my Road Zepplin seat pluged into it!
Plus 1, I have my heated seats connected to it, deutsch connector under the seat in front of the battery compartment on the 09

Quick Reply: ACC Switch - What does it do?