Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding is fun again

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:51 AM
Offroadmaniac
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Riding is fun again

Not that it was ever bad but I made a change that greatly improves the enjoyment. A few months back I installed the detachable tourpack kit and a street glide seat. I absolutely love the way it looks without the big touring seat on it and tried to convince myself that looks trump comfort. Well I was wrong and so much happier now. I put the touring seat back on with my backrest and can actually ride more than 20 minutes without back and shoulder pain. I sat further back in the street seat and felt cool but was hurting on the inside, plus looking kinda weird stretching and moving around on the bike trying to alleviate pain so much.
Any inexpensive ideas on a seat that brings you back forward but minimal passenger seat? This thing makes me feel like a got a fat butt behind me.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:55 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,778 Likes on 5,882 Posts

Dude, you cant see the seat when you're sitting on it. Just ride and be happy

Old 06-13-2017, 07:09 AM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Hahaha......this is great. Nice to be reinvigorated.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Personally, I don't care what seat you use. Even in my 20's, comfort trumped looks. Whomever came up with the expression "form over function" never spent a day on an uncomfortable bike seat.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:29 AM
kwkride
Cruiser

Received 80 Likes on 40 Posts

I had my Street Glide seat reworked by a local upholstery shop. Now it's much more comfortable. It doesn't look much different, but he added a whole layer of foam and reshaped it.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:33 AM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Jmho.......street glide & touring shouldn't be used in the same sentence. That being said i love mine.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jt metal
Jmho.......street glide & touring shouldn't be used in the same sentence. That being said i love mine.
As soon as I replaced the crap OEM suspension, the bike became much more enjoyable. Street Glides should have never left the factory with that suspension.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:47 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,077 Likes on 2,243 Posts

When I installed the detachable tour pak kit, I bought a Street Glide seat, installed it and, like you, I was miserable on that seat. I don't know how anyone rides more than an hour on one. As far as a cheap and comfortable alternative, I suppose having the SG seat reworked like "kwkride" had done is a cheaper alternative than buying a new seat. I ended up going the more expensive route with a Corbin. Have you considered an AirHawk?

https://airhawk.net/product-category...rley-davidson/

Old 06-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
When I installed the detachable tour pak kit, I bought a Street Glide seat, installed it and, like you, I was miserable on that seat. I don't know how anyone rides more than an hour on one. As far as a cheap and comfortable alternative, I suppose having the SG seat reworked like "kwkride" had done is a cheaper alternative than buying a new seat. I ended up going the more expensive route with a Corbin. Have you considered an AirHawk?

Unless when you buy your bike and it comes with a Hammock seat like me...

Old 06-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Offroadmaniac
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy

I actually have an Airhawk that my wife uses, (which she hasn't in over a year, hence the reason I don't want the tourpack or huge seat) but it is more of a reach problem. On my street seat I sit so much farther back that even my backrest will turn around to match the seat which I can't really even reach, or it's turned to match my touring seat and feels uncomfortable sitting forward with no seat back near my tailbone. By the way the driver's backrest is a Kury that has an angled bracket that's reversible.

Quick Reply: Riding is fun again