Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Dual Touring Plain Seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 09:25 AM
Puzzled
|
Banned
Default Corbin Dual Touring Plain Seat

Anyone running a Corbin Dual Touring Plain Seat?

I searched the archives and found several bikes with Corbin seats. I couldn't tell if they were the touring seat or not. What I would like to know is how comfortable are they? My stock seat with 23k on it is starting to make me squirm around to try to get comfortable.

Old 06-07-2007 | 09:38 AM
jdag
Tourer
Default RE: Corbin Dual Touring Plain Seat

Puzzled...I have one on order for my Street Glide. Should be in any day. Also, your timing might be great. I just rec'd an email yesterday from Dennis Kirk. They hda Corbin DT saddles for 1998-2005 Road Glides on clearance for about $250. You might want to call them right away. John

Old 06-07-2007 | 09:47 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I have had Corbins on my bikes for over 25 years. Because they require some break in, I have bought many of them at a very reasonable price. Some riders won't wait. My Dual Tour also sits me back a little, which is a plus at 6' 5".

Old 06-07-2007 | 09:51 AM
jlacasci
Tourer

I have the plain seat. (#HD-FLH97-DT) and the stadard oval backrest (02-SB).
I found the seat to be VERY comfortable, kind of firm, well... very firm but very comfortable. It takes the bumps so well on the road. I found the stock comfort stitch way too soft and squishy. I rode from MA down to NC last year on the comfort stich and although it was tolerable on the comfort sticth it sure made for a sore butt! Came home in one day 900 miles just gas stops and my butt felt it. Although I haven't done a trip like that on the Corbin, I'm sure it would be a pleasure over the stock seat.

Great looking seat, real leather, nice finish.

I spent a fair amount of time looking into seats, couldn't find a place to see or test them up here in MA. IE... Mustang, Corbin etc... I did buy a Sundowner from the local dealer but didn't like it at all and returned it. I'm 5'9 with a 30" inseam, the Sundowner was so wide that I could just about reach the ground on my tip-toes. Didn't want to lower the bike due to the seat.

I called Corbin told them my issue, in not wanting to be placed any further back than stock or further forward, and didn't want to be raised up any more, so they made the seat a bit narrower for me. The would also let me keep sending it back (if I paid shipping) to sculpt it until I was happy. The seat raised me up (physically) around an inch over the comfort stitch, but with them narrowing the seat a bit, I can reach the ground with one foot flat, the other on ***** of the foot. I could send it back but I've grown used to it.

I had to bend their bracket under the seat a tad in order for it to fit correctly, but they assured me that this was normal.

I doubt that I'd buy anything but Corbin again, very happy customer here.

Oh... If you ride two-up (I almost never do) and you want the backrest, I'd go with the
02-TB rather than the 02-SB. The standard oval forces the passenger to really spread their leggs as they can't fit under the backrest. The TB model looks like it would do a much better job for the passenger to fit back there.

Joe

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:10 AM
Puzzled
|
Banned

Thanks for the replies guys.

LOL jdag, the Dennis Kirk ad is what made me ask. For a few pennies over $200 it is worth thinking about.

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:11 AM
Mongo40
Tourer

I know those seats are advertised for a Roadglide but do you guys know if they will fit an E-Glide also, just don't go as far up on the tank I'm assuming??? The frames are the same aren't they. Later
Chris

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:14 AM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

Just got a Corbin Dual tour and like it a lot. It is firm as stated earlier but gives great support.

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:18 AM
AISTQM
Tourer

13,000 miles on my Corbin dual touring seat and it has been comfortable since I took it out of the box. They were also great to work with and cut the seat to my needs. Delivered on time.

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:59 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

I have a Corbin plain Dual Touring seat on my EG Classic. I have had Corbin's on all my bikes since 1995 and am very satisfied with them.

Bill

Old 06-07-2007 | 11:02 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned

i love mine...just plain love it...on the last week long trip to the Smokies the wifey's butt didnt love it...had to buy a big bag of marshmellows for her....first time that happened tho

Quick Reply: Corbin Dual Touring Plain Seat