Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny gray ist

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 05:17 PM
streetglidekid09
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Danny gray ist

Hey everyone, I have a 2015 RG and right now I'm running a lepera maverick daddy long legs, and I loved the seat on my SG but it doesn't work on this bike. I have been looking at Danny gray seats specifically the Danny gray ist air 1 I was wondering if anyone had info on these seats as far as placement and comfort. I wouldn't mind a little back or down I just don't want to get shoved way up and raised. Thanks

Old 06-06-2017, 04:23 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

on a different bike a had a Danny gray air hawk...hated it..very uncomfortable, could never quite get the air adjusted for comfort.

on my current bike a had a Danny gray lowIST 2 up. Very comfortable. But, at 5'7" it pushed me too far back.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:44 PM
streetglidekid09
Advanced

Ok I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one, on eBay I can get a new Danny gray ist, air 1 for $450.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Billman812
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

you have 30 days to send it back, I think.
I have two older bikes with some of his original styles and, the Low'ist on the 15' RGS.
May not be the "most" comfortable but I wanted comfy & low profile which is exactly what they delivered. Wanted to try the airhawk but the 'ist is a good platform set up with holes in the pan like suspension seats used in off-road cars

Old 06-06-2017, 05:00 PM
streetglidekid09
Advanced

Yeah the company said as long as it hasn't been used but I'm hoping I can put it pn with the bag still on it and try it before crossing the not being able to return it point. Thanks. Got you're input

Old 06-14-2017, 08:20 AM
streetglidekid09
Advanced

Put it on road down road and back. Sits me maybe forward and up it is comfortable but not for me

Old 06-14-2017, 08:30 AM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by streetglidekid09
Put it on road down road and back. Sits me maybe forward and up it is comfortable but not for me
I LOVE the look of many of the Danny Gray seats, but I could never get one where function met form and comfort to fit me personally. Now have a low profile Saddleman that placed me perfectly on my 2012 Road Glide, and it not only looks good it's also extremely comfortable once broken in, which took at least 500 miles. I can ride all day long on it. I too am 5'7".

Good luck in your search.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:35 AM
streetglidekid09
Advanced

I adjusted my bars some, I think I might try a regular le Pera maverick instead of the daddy long legs I have now I like sit low and in the bike but the daddy long legs just is to much for me. So I'm hoping the regular le Pera maverick will still be low but just 2" closer and try that. My problem is to far from everything I'm 6'2" 32" inseam

Old 06-14-2017, 08:49 AM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by streetglidekid09
I adjusted my bars some, I think I might try a regular le Pera maverick instead of the daddy long legs I have now I like sit low and in the bike but the daddy long legs just is to much for me. So I'm hoping the regular le Pera maverick will still be low but just 2" closer and try that. My problem is to far from everything I'm 6'2" 32" inseam
Don't know where I read 5'7", but in your case the Saddleman that I am using would likely put you a touch close. In any case, good luck! The right saddle is definitely an integral part of getting everything dialed in.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:12 AM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Currently running a DG AirHawk on my RG. It's not the seat for me. Air bladders work but not for my ****. Will be finding a new seat soon.

Quick Reply: Danny gray ist