Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repost: 2015 Road King Transmission Problem? Compensator Problem? OR ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017 | 09:34 AM
GJM2015RK
|
6th Gear

I already tried two dealerships, and I could try a third dealership to fix this problem, but I'm taking the bike to an indy shop today.

What really bothers me now is, why didn't the first two dealerships open the primary? Must be because it's easier to have a technician ride the bike, and then say, "They all do that."

The bike is still under warranty until October. I wonder if I can get reimbursed by HD for any work the indy shop does.

Thank you for your help with this. I really do appreciate it.

Old 06-06-2017 | 10:04 AM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by GJM2015RK
I already tried two dealerships, and I could try a third dealership to fix this problem, but I'm taking the bike to an indy shop today.

What really bothers me now is, why didn't the first two dealerships open the primary? Must be because it's easier to have a technician ride the bike, and then say, "They all do that."

The bike is still under warranty until October. I wonder if I can get reimbursed by HD for any work the indy shop does.

Thank you for your help with this. I really do appreciate it.
That may depend on the records you keep. Do you have written records of taking it to the first two dealers and their conclusions? I'd also ask the Indy to fully document what he finds and does and take lots of photos. Maybe also print off any threads or anything else you've put on social media to back up the history of the problem. Also, check your warranty documents for any requirements for making a claim for repairs not done by HD. Even then You may have to fight for any reimbursement.
Good luck.

Old 06-06-2017 | 10:35 AM
GJM2015RK
|
6th Gear

Funny you should mention written records. One dealership gave me a written report for this problem, and one did not. The dealership that did not give me a written record, who did the 1k service, gave me my bike back that still had a side stand squeak, squeaking as badly as when I brought the bike in for 1k service, and told them about the squeak, and how it's sounding like an old screen door. Guess what they said about that problem? I lubed the side stand's spring ends myself, with lithium grease, and the squeak disappeared.

I'm not really expecting HD to reimburse for any work done by an indy shop. But I may go back to the two dealerships who looked at the bike, and say, "No, they all don't do that," and show them the invoice from the indy shop, just to see what they say.