Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys with the Garmin ZUMU 550, help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xwpfan
I've only tested it in the garage. I have yet to try it out on the road. I've been too lazy to put the GPS on the bike to and from work. I have tried the GPS on the road, in the rain, and it worked like a champ getting me to where I needed to go in an unfamiliar area. My factory installed H-D radio on the other hand crapped out on me in the rain.

I'll let you know what I think about the Camos when I try out this weekend.
Get someone to call you while you're on the bike (in a safe place). If the Camos is anything like the Scala Rider you both will be impressed. I've taken calls at 70 mph 500 miles from home. The 550 gives you a choice to accept, or ignore an incoming call.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 AM
drbillk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might've missed it; however, you should check out Zumoforums.com. It's a great place with a lot of very smart folks. I have my Zumo linked through the Harley factory system using a Kennedy Cell Set I bought at cyclegadgets.com (http://cyclegadgets.com/Products/KT/detail.asp?SET=CELL). Great people to deal with too! I can hear my radio at all times... Zumo gives directions through factory Harley headset, cell phone connects through Zumo and into the headset as well. Seamless integration; however, does require some ballsy wiring inside fairing. I think you can search for good instructions on the Zumo forum under my name... has pictures with it.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:31 PM
kcorder
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question,
I have an 04 road glide and just got a Zumo 550...is there another power source inside the fairing that I can get to? I am mounting it on the right, but the cigarette lighter is way on the left, would you route the wires towards the front and then around to the left?
-Kelly
Mesa AZ
04 Road Glide