Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys with the Garmin ZUMU 550, help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Bulldogge
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You guys with the Garmin ZUMU 550, help

ORIGINAL: tizone

Thats a fact... yowill have to have the Aux input (instead of FM) selected on your radio to hear the voice guidance. However, if you subscribe to XM radio you will hear both XM and voice guidance through the Aux..
The Zumu has a slot for a SD card that you can load up with MP3's and the voice guidance will interrupt the MP3's when needed. It is easy to switch sources on your the radio so you can use the voice guidance in hard to navigate areas and leave the radio on when you are on a 60 mile stretch of freeway.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, PeteMac, did it work?

Hack

Old 06-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Harleyhowie
Intermediate

I wanted to chime in about the Zumo 550. I have a fleet of cars on the road we all now use the Garmin Nuvi 660 and I use the Zumo 550 in my car and cradle it in my bike . They are aflawless device ( We have tried them all I mean it ) Abe'S of Main has the best price. Garmain has a super tech support. I also have the audio output going through the faring and out to the right side to input the AUX in You can use the orange over seas power wire its orange and on the headlight harness. What I do is use the screen to get my directions and if I get in a traffic jam I click my right thumb till I get the AUX get my directions and I'm there with voice commands. I also have the xm antenna and I dumped tons of MP3 songs on a SD card. Great device. I never had a problem with any of the Garmin units we have a total of 21 GPS most Nuvi 660's and1 Zumo 550units. Some older garmin units we use we need to place waypoints in are 9 years old and are perfect!!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:10 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I have an mp3 player, but I do believe the Garmin 550 is gonna replace it. I wonder how many songs the 550 will hold without the SD Card?

Hack

Old 09-24-2008, 06:25 AM
xwpfan
3rd Gear
Default Zumo 550, Samsung Instinct, and Camos 200

I was able to pair the Camos 200 headset with my phone and the Zumo 550. My phone has also been paired with the Zumo 550. (Note: I just got the Camos 200 last night)

Issue, when all 3 are connected (or on) at the same time, nothing seems to work. I get a message on the Zumo 550 that my phone is disconnected, and no indicator that my Camos 200 is on (and it is). I'm sure I'm missing something simple here...this shouldn't be that hard. I read in an earlier post about switching the phone's visibility to "always visible"; I'll give that a try when I get home. I got so frustrated this morning before going to work, I left the unit home.

Anybody else having issues? Ideas?

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xwpfan
I was able to pair the Camos 200 headset with my phone and the Zumo 550. My phone has also been paired with the Zumo 550. (Note: I just got the Camos 200 last night)

Issue, when all 3 are connected (or on) at the same time, nothing seems to work. I get a message on the Zumo 550 that my phone is disconnected, and no indicator that my Camos 200 is on (and it is). I'm sure I'm missing something simple here...this shouldn't be that hard. I read in an earlier post about switching the phone's visibility to "always visible"; I'll give that a try when I get home. I got so frustrated this morning before going to work, I left the unit home.

Anybody else having issues? Ideas?

Thanks!
I'm not familiar with the Camos, but it sounds like you paired that with your phone. If so, that may be your problem. You have to pair the phone with the Zumo, & then pair whatever headset you're using with the Zumo. Zumo is the central link & will link communication from your phone to whatever headset you have linked with it.

As a side note, the bluetooth link to some phones drops at times. I've had two Zumo's & both will loose phone connection for a few seconds/minutes once in a while. It will then connect again on it's own.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 AM
xwpfan
3rd Gear

Jinx,

Thanks. You are correct, I did pair the phone with the Camos. I'll "unpair" it when I get home, and make sure that the Camos is still paired with the Zumo and give it a try.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:06 PM
xwpfan
3rd Gear

Jinx,

Thanks again. It's working now.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xwpfan
Jinx,

Thanks again. It's working now.
How do you like it?..............

Old 09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
xwpfan
3rd Gear

I've only tested it in the garage. I have yet to try it out on the road. I've been too lazy to put the GPS on the bike to and from work. I have tried the GPS on the road, in the rain, and it worked like a champ getting me to where I needed to go in an unfamiliar area. My factory installed H-D radio on the other hand crapped out on me in the rain.

I'll let you know what I think about the Camos when I try out this weekend.

Quick Reply: You guys with the Garmin ZUMU 550, help