Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Timex
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control

Where does the HD cruise control plug in?

Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Cruise Control

I believe all touring bikes are prewired for it.The factory plug that goes to the cc module harness is probably tucked around the battery area and the other plugs connects to the new switch housings with the kit.I'll have to take a look when i get home,because i added it to my king awhile ago.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

Just did CC on my streetglide, and the bike is pre wired for it... It's a bit of a challenge, but well worth it...

Old 06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

ORIGINAL: Timex...Where does the HD cruise control plug in?
If you're talking about your bike, and you're talking about where all the connections might be...The bulk of the connections are probably inside your batwing fairing. There is probably a connection for the brake under the seat where the relay is.

I wired my 93 FLHS for the factory cruise (there's a write-up, probably in the archives). Once I figured out how I had to 'modify' the cruise harness (The FLHS never was offered with cruise), it was a relatively simple install. And it works fabulous.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:09 PM
electra trike
Advanced

If you have any mechanical ability it only takes about 30 minutes to install. Take off the left side cover the plug is right there. The dirrections with the kit are great.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah Cruise control rules!!!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: electra trike

If you have any mechanical ability it only takes about 30 minutes to install. Take off the left side cover the plug is right there. The dirrections with the kit are great.
There's a bit more than installing the unit, like the electronics, installing the power switch, installing the new mode set controls, and running the actuator cable can be a bit tough..

But I have installed all the upgrades on my scoot, and to me it's a breeze, but to other folks it CAN BE CHALLENGING...

And if you can install Cruise Control on an 07 Streetglide in 30 minutes, I need what your on...

Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Richard is the lash initailization the same for all the cc kits?I cant get that crap to work right.
the green light never goes out when i start the bike during the set up.Theres no play with the throttle and idle cables,so i'm starting to think the module is bad cause it's not takeing up the slack for engagement!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: GMONEY220

Richard is the lash initailization the same for all the cc kits?I cant get that crap to work right.
the green light never goes out when i start the bike during the set up.Theres no play with the throttle and idle cables,so i'm starting to think the module is bad cause it's not taking up the slack for engagement!
Check the wiring for disengagement, make sure it's got a good connection, it should go to red if the brake, is touched...

If all that checks out, it's dealer time, OH as far as calibration, mine has a bit of a lag when setting, going to see what's up this weekend...

Old 06-07-2007, 12:02 AM
FLWanderer
Cruiser

GMONEY......do a search on "cruise"...there have been lots of discussions on the installing and setting
up. I installed mine last year......don't forget to do the rollback setup. You can check my post when
you go to search. Just abt anything you want to know is posted previously.

You need to do a rollback setup.....its a throttle adjustment. If you have a meter it can be done
easily....again view my post and dilemma I was having until...I got steered correctly.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Cruise Control