Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn curved license frame.....part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:11 PM
skullrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn curved license frame.....part 2

I think the new one is definitely different. I wanted to purchase one, but they were sold out until monday. The new one costs around 64.00 while the old one I think was around 47.00...so I think it is a different model.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:19 PM
fatboylust
Road Captain

Mine broke back in March and I had it delivered to "K" by the 2nd of April; a week later I got verbal confirmation that they would provide a replacement but they were "back ordered until June". After reading this thread and learning from 06strglide that he got his in three weeks from a sub-vendor I called "K"to asked whats-up. I left a message and got a call back today. They said they have more requests for stock than supply but are sending the replacement today, I got the sense that my account had been overlooked until I called. I looked at the installation instruction sheet on-line and "K" has added the following note:
PLEASE NOTE
It is the installers’ responsibility to make sure all fasteners (including pre-assembled) are tightened before operation of motorcycle. Küryakyn will not warranty components that are lost due to improper installation. Periodic maintenance may be required.

Telling words indeed! These words were not on the original.

FBL

Old 06-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Towpro
Banned

I just rec'd an E-mail from Kury, said the part as been shipped via UPS.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 PM
hartick
Tourer

i went to the Kury vendor at americade today. looked at the new plate bracket. the backing plate now has a hole about 2x3 inches or so. maybe this makes it shake less. i didnt notice if the bracket was thicker or not.

i dont want to be on the open road and realize that my plate is gone, so im still waiting to hear the results.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:57 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Bought mine in January and have been keeping an eye on it. This past week I noticed a small crack in the sharp angle under the right mounting hole, emailed Eastern Performance and was told to ship it to them for a replacement. He said the new frame was improved.

I'm now trying to decide whether to mount the new frame or sell it. The idea of it breaking 1000 miles from home and my license plate going with it does not appeal to my sense of adventure. It's interesting the price of these frames has escalated since I bought mine from $45 to $62 (Ebay, shipped).