Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mesh Riding Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 10:42 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame
Wow, thanks guys for all of the replies. I'm shocked that mesh jackets cost so much money.

The non winter jackets that I bought are cheap in everyway. To be honest, years ago when I started riding I bought a lot of cheap gear. Over the years, I've been replacing them with quality. The last thing I want is to buy a mesh jacket and not be comfortable over the warm months. I still may go with the one that I originally posted. This weekend, I may ride to my local HD shop and try one on (and then order from Syrdyke. lol).
All mesh jackets aren't the same. Some come with armor, liners, etc, but make sure you get one that has the ballistic material that holds up if you go down. There are differences.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:17 PM
RWTDCT
Road Captain
Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

These are a good warm weather jacket. Not so billboard.

Men's Affinity Mesh Riding Jacket-98296-17VM.........$108 + $5 shipping

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....ket-98296-17vm

Old 05-04-2017, 06:39 PM
stevehilde
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Trenton and like you, don't necessarily prefer to be a walking billboard for anyone. The horizontal orange stripe, though, is a classic look in my eyes, like a 1950's factory-sponsored dirt track racer would wear. It's tastefully done, in my opinion.

Harley clothing stylists have this propensity to go overboard. They tend to go right up to the edge of good taste, then can't keep themselves from adding just one more visual item that crosses that line. Even on the classic look of the Trenton, they put a rubberized "#1" between the shoulders that really doesn't need to be there. First thing I did, was to take a small pair of scissors and cut the single thread holding that sucker on ...

I second everything already said about the comfort of the mesh in all weather, and the ability for protection that goes with it versus riding in a t-shirt. Get the armor, too.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:49 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Originally Posted by cass
if it doesn't have to say HD on it, check out Olympia Motorcycle gear. https://olympiamotosports.com/en-US
I have a three season jacket I've had from them for about 5 years now. great quality, the gear lasts which makes it worth the $$. Check out Revzilla https://www.revzilla.com/
for riding gear too. they have free returns on almost everything and free shipping over 35 bucks. great bunch to work with. enjoy your trip.
This^^. I have all Olympia Mesh Gear from Revzilla for summer riding, and it's just about as cool as you're going to get-I especially like riding around in shorts, boots, perforated gloves, and helmet, all covered up with my Olympia full mesh armored suit.

Once the temp gets over 93 degrees, it becomes much more difficult to stay cool-either you have to harness evaporative cooling, or just cover up, which only lasts so long. Much much more on this with a Forum search...

Old 05-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I just bought the tour-master intake jacket, because I am training right now to be a MSF rider coach, and a requirement of rider coaches to wear a jacket while riding on the range. I like the intake, because they are 3 layers. It has a thermal liner, a rain liner, and is mesh.
With a heated jacket liner under all of it you are good for some pretty cold conditions, and the rain liner blocks wind too. I have worn the jacket without the thermal liner, but not without the rain liner this year, and it is pretty good for me in the 60° range. I hope the mesh will be good for a few hours on the range in 90° weather. It does have some good armor in it too. A word check your fit, because they seem to run small for me.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:15 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame
Gang,
Every year I keep promising myself to buy a spring/summer riding jacket for when I go state to state. Next month, I'm gonna ride down to Jacksonville, Fl to be with my brother.

Every year, I keep looking at and admiring the HD, Trenton Mesh riding jacket
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-riding-jacket

It may sound petty but I hate looking like a Harley bulletin board.

Anyone a fan of this jacket? If not, which mesh jacket do you like?
I'm looking for something that durable; lightweight; and vented. I'm not concerned about waterproof as I have a rainsuit.
I bought this one myself for a summer riding jacket and also bought the elbow and shoulder armor. I wore it in Texas with temps in the low 90s and again this past Saturday here in VA with similar temps. It was comfortable at those temperatures. So far I like it. Haven't had it long enough to know how it will hold up.

It is the only H-D branded jacket I own, but it isn't too over the top and doesn't offend me. Here is a photo of me wearing it in TX

Old 05-04-2017, 07:43 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

I have the Mecca Mesh/Textile jacket. Waterproof liner. (Which works great) with liner I'm good to 50 degrees. Without it is what it is. If it's hot out. You're hot. But not as hot as the sun beating down on you. I would not get black. Mine is grey...

https://mstore.harley-davidson.com/s...-riding-jacket.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:46 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I'm running a Joe Rocket. They even come with the armor unlike Harley Jackets that is sold separate. Added bonus is a Glock 19 fits the front side pockets perfectly.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 05-04-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:03 PM
cc_Penguin
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I know exactly what you mean by not wanting a BillBoard jacket. A few years ago I was on the search and picked up a 3 season Street and Steel Jacket from the local Cycle Gear. Well I went on a health kick and lost 105 lbs and it no longer fit, so I sold it and was on the search again. Late last year I picked up a close out HD Innovator (was looking for another 3 season jacket) and it fit the bill. It has Leather shoulders and sleeves while the rest is mesh, not bill board looking... Love that jacket, however I don't think HD makes it anymore either :/. I do like the one that you posted, I'd say go for it...

Old 05-04-2017, 08:04 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 651 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
I've got a Klim Induction mesh jacket, it comes with a removable liner that blocks the wind out 100% in cooler weather, comes with all the armour if you want it, think it's a great jacket.

http://www.klim.com/Induction-Jacket-5060-000
+1 on the Klim Induction jacket. Have had it for a couple of years now. Really happy with it. Not cheap but a real quality piece! Wearing it in my sig pic.

Quick Reply: Mesh Riding Jacket