Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mesh Riding Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 658 Likes on 435 Posts

About 10 years ago I got a mesh jacket from New Enough. It's a Joe Rocket, and has armour and a zip in nylon liner for when it's cooler- like this morning's 43 degree commute. Still wearing it. It's held up, and was relatively inexpensive, well under $100 at the time.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:50 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

I've got a Klim Induction mesh jacket, it comes with a removable liner that blocks the wind out 100% in cooler weather, comes with all the armour if you want it, think it's a great jacket.

http://www.klim.com/Induction-Jacket-5060-000

Old 05-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Subscribed... Bohn has pure mesh shirts and jackets with light armor

Last edited by Hate Work; 05-04-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:56 AM
jefla
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mesh jackets are great. In big heat and sun they are cooler than t-shirts and good ones provide serious crash protection. Plus I prefer to carry my phone in case I get separated from my bike and jackets have pockets (really). I wear Rev'it. I have their Airwave (lightest) and Tornado. The Tornado has a liner.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:57 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I had been pricing summer mesh jackets,and to me, the Tourmaster (I think it was the Intake line) sounded like a quality jacket for the dough. I happened to look on Craigslist one day, and found one for sale. I believe it's the Intake 2. It has a thermal liner and rain liner. It's good for 3 seasons. And it's mostly silver, and some black, which to me would be better than black in the summer. A very well made jacket, and cooler than a t-shirt.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:10 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Mine is the HD Ventilator Mesh Jacket, I have had it a few years, and it cools well. Mine is black, it was also available in white. Don't think HD still has them, may have to check flea bay.
I don't like the fine print on the HD Hydration Vest "Good for one year, or 50 uses".
Sheeeet...

Old 05-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Deckman
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 Joe Rocket Mesh Jacket and it comes with armour and is easily removed from the jacket.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 492 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by azgrumbles
I just bought this new mesh jacket and I love it. I believe it's a seasonal item so it's available in store only. I got it on sale but the only bummer is it was another $50 for armor. It should come with it but then you wouldn't have to buy something to make it better. That's the HD way. Anyway, it's really comfortable and I feel plenty of air flowing through it. Highly recommended.

I bought this same jacket from Barnet HD on ebay for $100 about 3 months ago to use for a summer ride. I have worn my leather jack once since I bought this mesh jacket and I ride pretty much every day.

If it's cold, I wear a sweatshirt or long sleeve T and I've been in mid 80's with no problems at all. It vents EXTREMELY well.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to buy a mesh jacket, best $100 on gear yet imo

Old 05-04-2017, 10:26 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Wow, thanks guys for all of the replies. I'm shocked that mesh jackets cost so much money.

The non winter jackets that I bought are cheap in everyway. To be honest, years ago when I started riding I bought a lot of cheap gear. Over the years, I've been replacing them with quality. The last thing I want is to buy a mesh jacket and not be comfortable over the warm months. I still may go with the one that I originally posted. This weekend, I may ride to my local HD shop and try one on (and then order from Syrdyke. lol).

Old 05-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Offroadmaniac
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought an Xelement from Leatherup.com years ago for about $70 and it works great. They no longer carry the exact one I got but they still have some very inexpensive ones similar.

Quick Reply: Mesh Riding Jacket