Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This stock seat...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: This stock seat...

Seems like everyone changes the stock seat on whatever they ride. The manufacturers just slap whatever looks good on that model and out the door it goes. Harley does the same thing with handlebars. The bikes come in one size, we come in many.......so we have to spend dollars to make the bike comfortable.

My RoadGlide is the only bike I've ever owned, and I've had like 15, that the stock seat was comfortable enough to keep.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: berettag

" It's like there are two golf ***** under the pad sticking right up each a$$ cheek!!"

Carefull how you sit... you may get a hole in one!!!!! [sm=oopssign.gif]
Holy crap!!! I almost spit coffee all over the monitor....

Old 06-05-2007, 11:29 AM
huskers11
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought a mustang seat and then I sold my stock seat on ebay for $150 dollars. I felt that the money I made by selling the stock seat made a mustang seat affordable...Ok, that's what I had to do to make moma happy

Old 06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Ravens35
Cruiser

It's because the MoCo has taken the philosophy that the motorcycle is just a down payment on the accessories. You get a cheap seat, awful grips (not even worthy of a bicycle), cheap pegs or floorboards, cheap hand levers, garbage shift pegs and brake,things that should come chromed from themanufacturer that aren't. The list goes on. Unless you buy a CVO bike, then prepare to spend a couple thousand just to get the thing looking like it's a complete bike.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

I have never had an OEM seat ever fit me right... Have had the Sundowner on my last few Putts with GREAT results and quickly changed out the OEM seat on the RG with yet another Sundowner - Works for me...

WHY??? There is no such thing as a seat that will fit every one - every time...
Ditto. The seats shape is the main culprit, I cant understand why they cant get it right but with that being said I hope they never do or I'll be out of buisness and will have to take up basket weaving or something...LOL Anybody want a set of basket weaved saddle bags?

Old 06-05-2007, 01:45 PM
alexcue
Road Master

ORIGINAL: yoopermjm

I like my stock seat and have no intentions of changing it.

Different strokes...
Amen to that. I just did 1500 miles in 4 days, I thought it was comfortable and so did my wife. Now a bud who was riding his Street Glide just about chucked his into the trash during a stop.

I'm sure there is a more comfortable seat out there, Was thinking of the Road Zeppelin, but was worried it might lift me up too much.

We're all different so good luck on your search.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Ravens35
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: yoopermjm

I like my stock seat and have no intentions of changing it.

Different strokes...
You also have a CVO bike. It has a much better seat.

I have the road zepplin in leather. It wasn't cheap, but it is nice for long rides. It raises you up a bit, which I am cool with because I'm 6'4", but now I feel too close to the bars. May have to get the new tallboy bars. I'm not real crazy about the way the road zepplin looks. It's kinda big, however this is one case where function takes place over form.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:09 PM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My seat doesn't bother me, but when you have to build a 900lb bike and make it fit midgets, women, Paul Bunyon, Too Tall Jones, and the Easter Bunny somethings got to give. My last bike was a Vulcan 1500 and I was told that I had to have an $800.00 Corbin dualtour no if's, and's, or but's! I bought one with the bike and never rode on the stock seat. The dualtour might be a great seat on a Harley but it sucks on a Vulcan! 15 minutes into a ride it felt like you sitting on a 5 gallon bucket always needed polishing or conditioning and you couldn't keep the d@mn screw that held on the backrest tight.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:51 PM
DAWG_6
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

<sigh> Guys....is this yer first bike? Ah'm sorry, but ah'll be blamed iffen thar's ANY manufacturer that makes a stock OEM seat that pleases EVERYone! No matter what, it ain't gonna fit someone. Hear the same 'plaints on Goldwing boards, etc. An' if any ONE aftermarket manufacturer could come up with a design that would make everyone happy, that'd be the end of it, too, right? Well, how many are there?!???

Yer right - the OEM saddle sux - ah kin barely walk.....we're 'bout 1300 miles into our trip here, an' be danged iffen ah know how we're gonna do the 400 miles today....or tomorrow......
Dude, do you realize you type like you probably talk???

Never did get that hole in one though!!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,689 Likes on 1,252 Posts

ORIGINAL: DAWG_6

ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I've added memory foam, taken away memory foam, scooted up, scooted back, I've done everything possible (sans purchase a new seat) on this freakin' thing - and it still sucks big time. I know MeanCity will reshape it for me....I know I can purchase another seat. I put my Road King Sundowner seat on today just to see if that helped.....It was wonderful.....(and I used to hate that seat!)

So, having b!tched about that, here's my question:

Why do I have to send my seat out to be 'reshaped' or purchase a new one, or rig up a seat not even designed for my bike, when I just shelled out 20+ for a brand new motorcycle from the Motor Company and the f*ing seat is completely horrible????? Do these clowns test these things? It's like there are two golf ***** under the pad sticking right up each a$$ cheek!!

[sm=WTFsgign.gif] WTF??????????????????

Okay, I feel better now.

Simple answer....it is known as PROFIT for Harley! []

Quick Reply: This stock seat...