Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let a buddy ride my FLHTCI

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Let a buddy ride my FLHTCI

A buddy at work who I ride with a lot, rode with me and another guy up to Cheaha Mt yesterday. He rides a Volusia 750 all dressed out. It is a nice looking bike, but I hate the sound of his straight pipes.

He is dying to get a Harley so I thought I would puch the envelope and let him ride mine. We swapped at Sylacauga and I let him ride te 20 miles to talladega. All the way I'm saying to myself " I WANT MY BIKE BACK". Why did I ever get on this bike? No footboards, no power, loud, rough riding. LOL

Gosh - what a difference. He got off and we swapped back. He was grinning from ear to ear, but I bet I was grinning more as I got back on the seat of my bike. I was so glad to be back on my hog. I cannot find words to describe the difference in those two bikes.

Anyway.........he is done for now. He has to have a Hog. LOL I did my good deed for the week!

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 10-10-2005, 01:39 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Let a buddy ride my FLHTCI

what a sacrifice you made, i couldnt have done it!! no falking way!
your a brave dude.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Twohulabears
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are a better person than I am! I don't even let anyone drive my car!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess you would have to know him like I do. He is an extremley good rider and good friend. Trust me - I would not trust my bike with just anyone. I can think of 3 people, maybe 3. All of them have been riding for years, and riding with me and I trust any of them.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 10-10-2005, 07:23 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

my bro in law is the only person i ever let ride my bike and it was just around the corner. he has been riding ever since i met him and longer im sure. my wife and i have been married 16 years so i guess hes got 20+ years riding exp. he owns a fatboy and wanted to feel the difference. i wouldnt let just anyone ride my baby either...lol

Old 10-10-2005, 07:40 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i let a friend ride my sporty, when he took off draging his feet, i knew i was screwed!!! only the man upstairs could have possiblly kept him from killing him and my ride. so since then you can ride my bike, just leave all your credit cards with me!!

Old 10-10-2005, 07:44 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

i let a friend ride my sporty, when he took off draging his feet, i knew i was screwed!!! only the man upstairs could have possiblly kept him from killing him and my ride. so since then you can ride my bike, just leave all your credit cards with me!!
hope they got a high available limit to replace my bike...i have over 30 k invested between bike and acces. id rather not take that chance. my bro-in-law being the exception. he does have a sucessful business so if he did f'd it up im sure id be compensated...lol

Old 10-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Hey Mikeeeeeeeeeeeee, you did a good thing, brought one to the fold.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:36 PM
gman88
Novice

The only person I'll let ride mine is my brother, he is 10 years older than me, and got me hooked on motorcycles when I was 4, and he used to take me riding on his Ducati Monza 350. On another note, I have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 that is paid for, and I couldn't trade it in on my roadking, so, I figured I'd keep it for when I'm in the mood for knee-dragging. Well, I rode it last Saturday, after 2 weeks of nothing but the road king, I coundn't wait to get back on my black cherry beauty. I was miserable. Good thing a guy at work has been bugging me to sell it to him, I just might. Then I want to get a 883 to entice the wife to drive...

Old 10-10-2005, 10:51 PM
STYX
Advanced

You got ***** of solid rock! If he had dumped it you would have had to kill him![sm=badbadbad.gif]

Quick Reply: Let a buddy ride my FLHTCI