Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight trim ring

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 PM
zadmat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight trim ring

Well I recently purchased headlight trim ring from my local Harley dealer. I have a 2006 rkc and the main headlight ring fit like crap and not sure if the original ring should stay on. The two smaller trim rings were great and fit like a glove and i had to take the original ring off and it even came with a rubber gasket. Butthe headlight one fit like **** and if I left the original ring on it had a big gap and if I took it off it was loose and there is a gap around the headlight on one side and of course it is the side with no adjustment. Not sure what to do. I noticed when I was taking the original ring off the headlight wasn't exactly straight in it either and seemed way out of alignment. I want to keep the smaller trim rings but didn't know if anyone has had any luck with the larger one and if there is something i am doing wrong. I thought about filing down the new ring where the adjustment bolt goes and it would make it fit betterbut still wouldn't close the gap around the headlight itself. I am frustrated because it looks as though there isn't much i can do and i see other bikes with the rings on, so they must fit some how.

Is there another brand maybe that i could use and if so would it match the two smaller light trim rings that i bought? This sucks why can't anything go smoothly.

I purchased the Visor Trim Rings from Harley and no one mentioned anything about having problems when i purchase them either.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:42 PM
heavy K
Cruiser
Default RE: Headlight trim ring

common issue,,1/2 gap at the bottom of the headlight trim ring....i fusssed and proded and could never make it any tighter. the original ring does stay on and someone here did a mod to get a better fit,,,but its not you its the ring itself

Old 06-04-2007, 08:44 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

welcome to the club....you are not alone

Old 06-04-2007, 08:49 PM
gliderman
Road Captain

JP Cycles sells a better ring that "replaces" the original ring rather than covering it. Maybe you could return the HD piece of crap and get the JP Cycle version.........

Old 06-04-2007, 08:53 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, not the best design. Should have replaced instead of covering, with that said, fit was ok.

Ez

Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 PM
royalwulff
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you loosen the existing ring before you put the new one over it? Mine fit like crap until I loosened the stock ring, and then it fit like a glove (almost).

Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
jimmy z
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have them on my 06 RKC and had the same problem.You would think that stupid a** H/D would correct thisminorbutannoying problem.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

i have the visored rings on all of my front lights and the only one with a gap is the head light ring.... common problem

Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
zadmat
Intermediate

I haven't loosened the trim ring and i will. Does the spring clip need to be in there or should i take that out? Does your ring have gaps around the headlight? It doesn't seem to fitas tight as the smaller light rings do

Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

the large headlight ring goes right over the stock trim ring. tighten it up and live with the gap. all of the other rings fit nice.

Quick Reply: Headlight trim ring