Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visor Style Trim Rings 2013 FLHRC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 02:43 PM
KYBill
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Visor Style Trim Rings 2013 FLHRC

I've decided to add some additional accessories to reinforce the nostalgic look of my 2013 Road King Classic, and finding some accessories are no longer available from the dealer since the US RKC was discontinued in its prior version. Ordered saddlebad trim for the leather bags from e bay and some various visor style trim rings for the lighting from Harley but running into some questions and still unclear after reading many prior posts on the topic of visor style trim rings for headlamp, driving lights and turn signals.

I bough the visor trim for the front driving lights and the standard non led headlamp. Got the driving light trim rings installed though it seemed far more difficult and time consuming than I anticipated, mainly due to the tight fit created by the added rubber ring.

More concerned about properly installing the headlamp ring as many threads indicate people cant get it to attach without modification, and many others have a gap at the junction. My read is it fits over the existing trim ring, rather than replacing it. Am I interpreting that properly? And why would some need to add 6-7 flat washers for a secure fit, or could that be a matter of using the wrong part?

I had not initially considered the turn signal trim rings but I notice they are still available for the front turn signals. The part is 69749-05. The description mentions a smoked lense cover, but none of the other trim rings replace the bulb lense/housing. Is this an error? Not sure why a lense cover would be needed or that I want to change the color of the front or rear turn signals to smoke. Or if this even fits the rear turn signals.

Appreciate any input from others who have been down this road.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 AM
Buggz
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The headlight ring fits over the existing ring, and the signal lights are one piece with the lens and ring already attached, they just snap on.

Attached Thumbnails Visor Style Trim Rings 2013 FLHRC-image4.jpeg   Visor Style Trim Rings 2013 FLHRC-img_0917.jpg   Visor Style Trim Rings 2013 FLHRC-img_0918.jpg   Visor Style Trim Rings 2013 FLHRC-image.jpeg  
Old 04-24-2017, 08:29 AM
RK_Classic
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,818 Likes on 2,608 Posts

Loosen the stock trim ring, snap the duckbill ring over top get it centered up then tighten the stock ring then the duckbill trim ring. Yes. it will leave a gap at the bottom of the headlight as you can see in buggz pics.

rk classic

Old 04-24-2017, 03:35 PM
KYBill
Road Captain

The gap doesn't bother me, as long as it mounts securely.

Did find 2 different part numbers for visor style turn signals on my bike, one set is closer to $20 and the other is in the $45 range so might have to visit the dealer to see what is different on those. Both list 2013 RKC under fitment.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:35 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,108 Likes on 2,583 Posts

I didn't like the gap so I took off the stock headlight ring and added a thin layer of double sided foam tape to the headlight mounting cup and wrapped it around the perimeter. Then I opened the visor ring up slightly to fit it over the tape and closed the gap. As soon as it touched the foam tape it wanted to stick so I had to be careful and center the gap before putting the screw through the eyelets. The result is a tight gap and the visor is mounted securely.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:54 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 6,090 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Or you could go with the ring with the visor built in. But they don't make them for the stock signals, so you'd have to upgrade to a bullet style.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 PM
KYBill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hellonewman
I didn't like the gap so I took off the stock headlight ring and added a thin layer of double sided foam tape to the headlight mounting cup and wrapped it around the perimeter. Then I opened the visor ring up slightly to fit it over the tape and closed the gap. As soon as it touched the foam tape it wanted to stick so I had to be careful and center the gap before putting the screw through the eyelets. The result is a tight gap and the visor is mounted securely.
Wouldn't that create difficulty replacing the headlight bulb? Or did you peel the backing from 1 side only?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:59 PM
KYBill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Or you could go with the ring with the visor built in. But they don't make them for the stock signals, so you'd have to upgrade to a bullet style.
That might be the difference in the rwo p/n I'm finding, though its not stated in the online description.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:19 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,108 Likes on 2,583 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBill
Wouldn't that create difficulty replacing the headlight bulb? Or did you peel the backing from 1 side only?
No, just a little effort and I can't see needing to replace the bulb too many times unless these bikes go through them like crazy. You could just leave one side with the back still on like you were thinking. The main thing is it just needs to take up a small gap so the ring is tight. Without the tape the ring isn't flopping around but its not as tight as it should be. Leaving the OEM ring under it seems like a banana move on HD's part for such a design. The signals don't need the stock rings so why the difference?