Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07' Rumors

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005 | 05:19 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: 07' Rumors

ORIGINAL: solorider

Your point?
My point was 8-12 HP increase over a 88" is not a whole lot more.
I did just Cams & Carb on a 88" and Gaind over 14HP & 14 TQ over Stock. Then the next year did Big Bore along with head work and gained another 23 HP & 20 TQ.
I Guess the point I'm trying to make is Harley is talking about put the 95" motor in all the bikes and it's only going to put out 8-12 more HP then the 88"? Thats a freakin joke!!! Why not heads and cams too. I just think for what we have to pay for this Harley's they should come from the factory with bit more performance then they come with.
I didn't like those wana-bees out there on there Glod wings shakin there heads a flying buy on the interstate. Sorry but that's just me...........

Old 10-10-2005 | 07:05 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

i saw an ad in a motorcycle rag for honda. they are so messed up. the gold wing either this year or next has a premium package which includes am/fm/cd/mp3 player , gps navi, and an AIRBAG....lol they actually have a f'n airbag on a scoot. thats weird. can you imagine that thing goin off as your goin down. it might scare ya more than help ya.

Old 10-10-2005 | 07:28 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

ORIGINAL: solorider

Your point?
My point was 8-12 HP increase over a 88" is not a whole lot more.
I did just Cams & Carb on a 88" and Gaind over 14HP & 14 TQ over Stock. Then the next year did Big Bore along with head work and gained another 23 HP & 20 TQ.
I Guess the point I'm trying to make is Harley is talking about put the 95" motor in all the bikes and it's only going to put out 8-12 more HP then the 88"? Thats a freakin joke!!! Why not heads and cams too. I just think for what we have to pay for this Harley's they should come from the factory with bit more performance then they come with.
I didn't like those wana-bees out there on there Glod wings shakin there heads a flying buy on the interstate. Sorry but that's just me...........
OK, that's fine. I actually agree with your opinion but I was just trying to tell the others what I had heard. Believe me, I wasn't bragging about the 8 to 12 Horsepower gain...in fact, that is why I refuse to pay $1500 for the big bore upgrade on my current bike. I think we should expect more than 62 horse out of the box and, like you, I feel that if the MOCO is gonna upgrade they should give us some serious improvements in horsepower and torque.

Old 10-10-2005 | 10:39 PM
gman88
Novice

ORIGINAL: screamn_eagle

i saw an ad in a motorcycle rag for honda. they are so messed up. the gold wing either this year or next has a premium package which includes am/fm/cd/mp3 player , gps navi, and an AIRBAG....lol they actually have a f'n airbag on a scoot. thats weird. can you imagine that thing goin off as your goin down. it might scare ya more than help ya.
Trust me, you DO NOT want an airbag on a bike!

Old 10-10-2005 | 11:56 PM
Feroce
Cruiser

Just what I always wanted to have.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2381/D6EEC648818B462F877E6C40B8F31C1E.jpg[/IMG]

Kind of like an ejection seat, the airbag goes off and throws you off the bike. Or is he just blowing bubbles?

There is no better investment than a big bore kit.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Ed

Old 10-11-2005 | 02:19 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

I have actually seen the video for the airbag and it's not what most people think. I wish I could find the video again but it's been moved from where I seen it.

Old 10-11-2005 | 04:16 PM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Feroce

Just what I always wanted to have.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2381/D6EEC648818B462F877E6C40B8F31C1E.jpg[/IMG]

Kind of like an ejection seat, the airbag goes off and throws you off the bike. Or is he just blowing bubbles?

There is no better investment than a big bore kit.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Ed
Why don't they just put four wheels on that thing and get it over with already. That's Honda progressing toward what they see as the perfect motorcycle...a car.

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:21 AM
Feroce
Cruiser

To quote Screamn_Eagle "IF YOU'RE NOT RIDING A HARLEY...YOU'RE JUST PASSIN WIND"

I think I heard that Honda is now working on their new Goldwing to add two more wheels for safety to prevent rollover and full roll cage with side curtain airbags.
Has anyone noticed that most riders on Goldwings do not wave?

Ed

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:00 AM
Twohulabears
Road Captain

Here in Oregon, almost everyone waves! Even the crotch rockets!!

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:13 AM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Feroce

Has anyone noticed that most riders on Goldwings do not wave?

Ed
Yep, I noticed this too. Of course, I also notice that most Harley riders don't wave when I'm riding my Ducati. Same goes for trying to strike-up a conversation at the gas pumps or whatever... I guess we can all be a bit snobby. Can't we all just get along

I guess I'm contributing to this thread drifting off topic...I'll stop.

Jeff

Quick Reply: 07' Rumors