Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preferred tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 AM
paco12
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Preferred tuner

i have screaming eagles slippons and stage 1 air filter 7442 99d but will change to k&n 0800 series ,so I have always used power commander usb111,any other opinions

Old 04-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,723 Likes on 842 Posts

I use thundermax and I sometimes put on different exhaust or aircleaner. I never had to touch the computer after initial setting. It auto tunes. Most people like FP with auto tune, or PC with auto tune. If you won't ever change your intake and exhaust again, it is cheaper to get a "fixed tune" like HD flash tune of that sort. If you want more control, get one of the 3, they are more expensive. (I found a barely used tmax for $400 on ebay) but well worth the adjustability.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:45 AM
paco12
Cruiser
Default Dealers says

just talked with Harley service they say my stage 1 download should take care of the tuning for my set up and not to buy dump jet pc111 but to dial in bike buy their tuner and have it dumped $800 but at least I would have a tuner so when I add cams,and new full exhaust later I could have it retuned again right?

Old 04-17-2017, 10:06 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,200 Likes on 4,406 Posts

Originally Posted by neil cicciu
just talked with Harley service they say my stage 1 download should take care of the tuning for my set up and not to buy dump jet pc111 but to dial in bike buy their tuner and have it dumped $800 but at least I would have a tuner so when I add cams,and new full exhaust later I could have it retuned again right?
OK, HD is feeding you company line...

You say you have a "stage I download".... this must be on a Twin Cam I assume?

That download will work for your stage one, but it is marginal.... If you didn't have it already, I'd say don't waste your money on it, spend a little more and make a better choice. Since you already have it... unless you have issues with your tune, might as well keep it...

If you decide to do any other mods, don't use the Harley tuner!!!... they had to change their tuners due to the EPA agreement. Their tuners cannot change a tune outside EPA parameters.... they are NOT a good tuner anymore..

You should look into one of the several other options out there. There's piggyback devices, flash tuners, and custom ECMs....

I use, and really like, the PowerVision flash tuner by DynoJet. If you buy it from FuelMoto (a forum sponsor) you will then have lifetime tune support/MAPs from both DynoJet and Fuelmoto... two very good players in the tuning game....

If you change your bike 10 times, you can get a new MAP for it each time... no charge...

You will be able to flash a tune to your bike, developed for your mods, by either FuelMoto or DynoJet. If you would like to, you can auto tune it yourself to dial in the MAP they send you. If you don't like the way it's running with the tune they send you, you send the tune to Fuelmoto or DynoJet for them to tweak it to address your concerns. If you sell your bike, you can keep the tuner and add your new bike to the tuner for half the price of a new tuner...

It can also be mounted on your bike and used as a display for various gages...

It's easy to use, and would be the last tuner you need to buy.

Be careful with mods and tunes.... it IS a sickness, just ask my wife!

Last edited by hattitude; 04-17-2017 at 10:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bone Doc (04-17-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 11:28 AM
T Man
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

I have the Cobra Powerpro Black. I don't like messing around with Maps and downloads, wanted something that self-adjusts but I I know some say the PCV gives you more options. I have Rinehart exhaust, big sucker II air intake, and I am happy with this tuner. Throttle response was immediately better, and my bike already had the stage 1 download on it when I got it.

http://www.cobrausa-hd.com/h_d_bagge...ack/692-1615B/

Old 04-17-2017, 12:26 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

get a power vision from fuel Moto.... great tuner, great company.

plus, they have a sale running for $399

The following users liked this post:
fullautomike (04-17-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 03:02 PM
paco12
Cruiser
Default Tuner

Think I am going with dynojet 5 just got off the phone with the rep $339.00 with my map I need loaded on it,I had a pc111 on my last bike for 13 years was awesome except now the new power commanders don't have buttons to tweak them you have to hook up the laptop,but hey if descide to go with more mods I just load a new map,screw the dealer about burning out the eco with a piggy back system

Old 04-17-2017, 03:20 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

I've been extremely happy with the FP3, simple and easy to use.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:52 PM
madwrencher
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I also have a power commander V. Works good for me but there are better choises if you like to change things often.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:03 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,208 Likes on 2,445 Posts

Originally Posted by neil cicciu
i have screaming eagles slippons and stage 1 air filter 7442 99d but will change to k&n 0800 series ,so I have always used power commander usb111,any other opinions
This REPORT is a useful overview of the most popular options.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: Preferred tuner