Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King removable windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017 | 01:52 PM
Tracker1
|
Cruiser

I just ordered an 18" LRS. I called and talked to their customer service and they were very very helpful. I told them about my issues, went for a ride, and decided on the 18". I can't take the risk of having the top of the shield in my vision and I am one who wouldn't want to look through it. I do have to say I was impressed with their customer service and that is one reason I went with LRS.

Old 04-17-2017 | 02:25 PM
CRocks
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tracker1
I just ordered an 18" LRS. I called and talked to their customer service and they were very very helpful. I told them about my issues, went for a ride, and decided on the 18". I can't take the risk of having the top of the shield in my vision and I am one who wouldn't want to look through it. I do have to say I was impressed with their customer service and that is one reason I went with LRS.
Smart move! When it arrives, use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts + DO NOT use Loctite. My RK also gets a lot of wind from under the shield. The fork deflectors are GREAT solving this, but they also made my 103 run even hotter. Sooo, now that the cat's outta the headers, the fangs are back on + I'm a happy camper.

Old 04-19-2017 | 07:19 AM
Tracker1
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tracker1
I bought a windshield that was 17 " that I get a lot of distortion right above the the top at high speeds. It is a little lower than my nose. I don't really get wind on my face, just a distortion of my vision above 50mph? So I am looking at a removable 20" Long Ride Shield recurve. Anyone use one?
I guess it's probably wind buffeting my helmet. I took the visor off the helmet and that helped a lot. I never had a wind shield on a bike and everyone that I know that has one has a tall one they look through when they ride. I just couldn't do that. If the recurve LRS does what most say it does I should be good. I'm not sure how long it is before it ships.

Old 04-19-2017 | 07:22 AM
Tracker1
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CRocks
Smart move! When it arrives, use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts + DO NOT use Loctite. My RK also gets a lot of wind from under the shield. The fork deflectors are GREAT solving this, but they also made my 103 run even hotter. Sooo, now that the cat's outta the headers, the fangs are back on + I'm a happy camper.
Is that per their install instructions? The last one I used blue loctite but didn't tighten them much.

Old 04-19-2017 | 08:18 AM
Cpl Ed
Tourer

Here's a page on motorcycle windshield science and one on fitment etc.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Fairing.html

https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Windshields.html