Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's Mine....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 06:23 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Congrats and...words to the wise "stay out of Harley Dealerships." Especially showroom/sales floors.

The following users liked this post:
cass (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 06:36 AM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Awesome. I love having a payment free toy in garage. Paid cash for my 2012 limited wit money from accident last July when I got rear ended by a cager. Wife's car only got 3 months and its paid too. Thankfully she don't want a new one. Ride the wheels off it wit a big grin Congrats...

Old 04-14-2017, 07:02 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

I am not a fan of payments (bike, car, truck, exc) so far I have paid cash for them (I think it has been about 20 years now).
But I don't have any "new" vehicles in the garage ...... well the wife's is a 2016 (but I picked it up with 2300 miles on it).
With that said I tried a number of times to buy a new bike last year (would have had to finance some of it, or rob from peter to pay paul).
No body "really" wanted to sell me one so I picked up my current bike.
Not going to loose any sleep over it
When the dealer is asking me to bend over before I even get in the door
Keep smoking that joint buddy...
Buy the time they came around to really wanting to sell me the bike I was looking at the M8's.
So I guess I'm glad no one was ready when I was
I got time

Old 04-14-2017, 07:30 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeo33y
Got my 2013 ultra almost paid off. my bikes are 10 year bikes. unless cash is unlimited for me, and its not, theirs to much money to be lost. Plus, i have my bike set up now just how i like it. Someday. Thats a nice looking ride. enjoy it.
thats the way i am right now. I'm retiring from the gubment at the end of the month. I'm going to contract but don't know for how long i'll do that...probably till they **** me off. I've got mine set up pretty much the way i like it i upgraded the headlights to the led, did a stage one, have a custom day long seat, have a windshield bag that has a center mount for my garmin gps which has xm radio.....except for the heat still coming off the right side, cant find a thing that i want to do with it. i don't like the colors much this year anyway. guess i'll just keep it around to at least the next years models come out.....lol

Old 04-14-2017, 07:33 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,528 Likes on 22,675 Posts

Dig it on the no payment thing.
Ain't into payments. lolol
Bike's an 09 bought it's outfitted like a CVO only better & paid for.

House was paid off around a month now.
That's a great feeling as well.

The following users liked this post:
cass (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 07:38 AM
Iron25
Road Captain
Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

congrats

Old 04-14-2017, 07:45 AM
cass
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GRWHD
I am not a fan of payments .......Buy the time they came around to really wanting to sell me the bike I was looking at the M8's.
So I guess I'm glad no one was ready when I was
I got time
Thats what has me is the M8s and the good reviews they are getting. that, along with less heat with the liquid heads. They seldom budge on the floor price which sucks a big one. I'll wait till the next model comes out and see what colors they offer. i just don't like many of the ones they have out now. I'm looking at another Ultra Classic Limited or Road Glide Ultra..... i can't pull the trigger, i still like mine too much and i don't need two Harleys.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:56 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Congratulations. It's nice having the extra cash for a new leather jacket, or upgrades, or splurging on Fox Creek Gloves. I keep my '03 maintained on schedule, and I have no desire for a new bike.

The only bikes that appeal to me are the CVOs, but I don't think they are worth more than a new Mustang. If my bike ever becomes unreliable, I'll start looking for a Garage Queen, but they don't seem as plentiful as they used to be.

Enjoy your lack of payments. Find a safe place for your lien release, or title.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:07 AM
cass
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ron750
Congratulations. It's nice having the extra cash for a new leather jacket, or upgrades, or splurging on Fox Creek Gloves. I keep my '03 maintained on schedule, and I have no desire for a new bike.

The only bikes that appeal to me are the CVOs, but I don't think they are worth more than a new Mustang. If my bike ever becomes unreliable, I'll start looking for a Garage Queen, but they don't seem as plentiful as they used to be.

Enjoy your lack of payments. Find a safe place for your lien release, or title.
I'm religious about having the bike serviced every 5000 miles. Until recently, I've had the prepaid maintenance and I've always come out ahead by anywhere from $500-$1500. I've got almost 55000 on it and about time to take it back in. this one is going to sting a little. i used to ride it over 100 miles a day commuting. i thought i was going to retire so i didn't buy a prepaid this last time. I'm retiring but im coming back as a contractor for awhile so the commute is still there. Its gone up in cost but it tacks on another year. i might start doing some of the maintenance myself. I have to get the release changed over to the title but i can take my time on that.
Funny you mention Fox Creek, i was just looking at their recent e-mail advertising some sales on gloves.....lol. I love that place. I've got a Jacket, Gauntlet Gloves, regular gloves and leather pants from them. Always good stuff. Cost a few $$ but it will last a lifetime.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:16 AM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Congrats! I wouldn't mind having a new bike but then I look at the prices of the new ones and I'm good

Quick Reply: She's Mine....