Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rineharts installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:50 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts
Default New Rineharts installed!

My new Ultra now has a new exhaust system. The removal of the stock system was a pain!! The new Rineharts went on pretty easy, but are louder than I expected. At least it sounds like a Harley now! Time will tell if I can stand it or if I need the quiet baffles. Is anyone running them and do they make an appreciable difference??

Old 06-04-2007, 10:30 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts
Default RE: New Rineharts installed!

Lots of folks run the Rineharts. Removing the stock exhaust is easy with a sawz-all (ask Bryan)

Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 AM
skykingFLHTCU
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 07 Ultra has Rineharts noise level is just right. Not to loud but I can still hear it when I shift. My radio is on and even at 80 MPH I can hear radio. They seem loud just sitting reving it up but cruising down the road just right.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed a set of Rinehart true duals on my 07 Ultra and they sound great. They are a lil on the loud side when you crank down on the throttle but they are not too bad as long as you use good throttle restraint. They are by far the best sounding, "in my opinion", true dual setup that I have heard.
And YES,.......... removing the stock header pipes was a real PITA,.........

John

Old 06-04-2007, 12:23 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

I'm looking forward to giving it a good road test to really hear them, I was only able to take it around the block last night. Little nervous about riding it until Wednesday, I found a large pool of oil under the darn thing when I went out to start on the exhaust. Turned out to be a primary leak at the derby cover. Every bolt was loose (**** poor dealer prep??). I tightened them up but it's still leaking just a bit and I don't know how much I lost while riding (quite a bit based on the oil spray an everything!) So it's going in Wednesday morning, THEN I'll get to take it out and really hear these pipes.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:54 PM
FLHX
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also installed a set of Rineharts last weekend. I agree taking stocksystem off was tougher than putting the new on.

After the install, I fired it up, and I felt the same way. I thought they sounded extremely loud. After running the stock pipes for 7500 miles, anything will sound loud. But you'll get used to it real quick. Just give it some time. You'll love it!

I find I turn the radioDOWN now, just so I can hear the exhaust. The music coming out of those pipes is better than anything coming out of the speakers!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 PM
chriscalabro
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Best sounding exhaust out there

Old 06-04-2007, 02:45 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chriscalabro

Best sounding exhaust out there
Without a doubt

Old 06-04-2007, 02:51 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the sound. Nice rumble when you roll on some throttle. Not too loud at cruising,
at 70-75 mph can still hear wife talk dirty to me!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Kahuna
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stro,

Did you change your air intake as well? I'm assuming that you also did a Stage I air intake upgrade? This is a must if you're changing the exhaust system. Just a thought.

Kahuna

ORIGINAL: stro1965

My new Ultra now has a new exhaust system. The removal of the stock system was a pain!! The new Rineharts went on pretty easy, but are louder than I expected. At least it sounds like a Harley now! Time will tell if I can stand it or if I need the quiet baffles. Is anyone running them and do they make an appreciable difference??

Quick Reply: New Rineharts installed!