Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 road king windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017 | 11:24 AM
Duane Chip Jacques
|
1st Gear
Default 06 road king windshield

i just bought a sweet 06 road king and it is missing the windshield. it has the quick mounting already installed. the question i have is it has a chrome nacelle on the headlight, are there two different windshields to look at on this model? any help would be appreciated. thank you

Old 04-09-2017 | 11:31 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Duane Chip Jacques
i just bought a sweet 06 road king and it is missing the windshield. it has the quick mounting already installed. the question i have is it has a chrome nacelle on the headlight, are there two different windshields to look at on this model? any help would be appreciated. thank you
Go to Long Ride Shields (LRS) Harley windshields come in 7" and 9" (I think) the larger is RK and the smaller is Heritage Softail. You will have to determine what mount you have and purchase the windshield bracket of same brand. If you know someone with a RK, you could look at or try his. 99% are stock or Memphis Shades. Direct Cycle Parts sells the complete line of MS and also MS with brackets that are direct fit. 17" tall will allow you to look over, anything taller you will have to look through. The MS "Fats" is popular on the RK.

Old 04-09-2017 | 11:44 AM
Duane Chip Jacques
|
1st Gear

yeah i thought about going that direction. im just looking a a stock one that this guy local has on craigslist. all of the ons ive seen dont clear the nacelle over the headlight, kind of like a flh style. ive seen pics of some road kings having this chrome and windshields.

Old 04-09-2017 | 12:09 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Duane Chip Jacques
yeah i thought about going that direction. im just looking a a stock one that this guy local has on craigslist. all of the ons ive seen dont clear the nacelle over the headlight, kind of like a flh style. ive seen pics of some road kings having this chrome and windshields.
One size RK windshield fits all RK's. It is a 9" headlight cut out, I think. Standard height is 19"