Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TMAX/FATCATS INSTALLED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:49 PM
pfd161
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMAX/FATCATS INSTALLED!!!!

All I can say is WOW~! I have an '05 Ultra classic and today with the help of Maineultraclassic (mostly him...I held the tools!) we installed new pipes, Big Sucker, and TMAT. The hardest part was getting off the stock pipes. The fatcats with the quiet baffle growl nicely when into it and are very mellow at cruise...I would rate them just slightly louder than my SE slipons that I had before.

The TMAT was a breeze to install...once we figured out where to run the wires. For the front sensor, we ran the wire up under the tank and then made the connection. I installed the closest map to what I had changed the speedo cal value, selected closed loop and wrote the map. Literally took us about an hour to get it installed/initiallized/base map loaded. It started easier the first time then it ever has stock. 30 mile ride home with a couple of shut down's/restarts and it is running beautifully. Nearly ZERO decel popping (was getting fair amount stock) and zero issues.

All in all, I am VERY pleased with the outcome now I just have to start paying down the credit card . Definately worth the money I spent (thats on a bike that ran fine stock). Can't wait to ride it more and really hear these pipes unfortunately they are calling for heavy rain tomorrow.

Thanks Shooter64! and especially maineultraclassic (my new wrench!)

Dennis

Old 06-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TMAX/FATCATS INSTALLED!!!!

Congrats on the upgrade. Yeah rain put a hurtin on my new pipes. Just got done putting Bassani Road rage pipes on and it's pouring here. Wife's in bed sleeping (3rd shifter) and the garage is right under the bedroom. [:@]She'll be getting up in 45 min. So i'll get to at least hear them.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]have you lost your mind? No pics?

I'll pic up my TMax tomorrow! Bart, answer the phone....lol.

I've downloaded all the manuals and now downloading the actual software to look and see what it looks like.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:04 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis, you are very welcome..............any time you need service, you know where I am. Spread the word to others, that is the best advertising money can buy.

That fatcat sounded very good when you left..........too bad the weather wasn't better so you could have got on it a bit more to see how it would bark.

I would almost say that my Supertrapp is slightly louder when we compared them in my garage. But of course my motor work has a lot to do with that.

Very good install, everything went smooth once we got the stock exhaust off. Normally they come off easier then that, yours just didn't want to let go yet.

Steve

Old 06-03-2007, 11:11 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

Your welcome........glad you like it......runs like a scalded ape dont it!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:56 PM
pfd161
Cruiser

Now saving for the 95 build...hmm...a winter project There goes my tax refund!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: pfd161

Go 98" for the same $$$. As my Dad always used to tell me. Son there's no substitute for cubic inches.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:23 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: pfd161

Yup...GMR 98" pistons & clyinders, headquarters heads & HQ-0039G cams, 10-1 CR........you'll be good to go with that combined with your current stuff.

Steve

Old 06-04-2007, 07:46 AM
jmorton10
Road Captain

I would almost say that my Supertrapp is slightly louder when we compared them in my garage. But of course my motor work has a lot to do with that.
Hey Steve,

I am dying to hear a FC with the quiet baffle on a high performance motor, why don't you try it on yours & see how it sounds??

I had a FC with the standard baffle on my 10.5 compression Underground Head/Woods cammed motor (well over 100/100 TQ/HP) & it was WAY too loud for all day cruising with that motor(It was almost unbearable at 70 mph with 3.37 gearing) so I replaced it with the Supertrapp & now all is fine (even THAT is a little loud at times).

The quiet baffle was not available at the time or I certainly would have tried that first as I LOVED the FC quality. From what I have read, the quiet baffle is anything but quiet on a high performance motor however (I read it is still a LOT louder then the ST on a high compression motor with an early closing intake cam like mine)& I am hesitant to swap again until someone like you tries it first ;-)

~John

Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 AM
jmorton10
Road Captain

Go 98" for the same $$$. As my Dad always used to tell me. Son there's no substitute for cubic inches.
I agree, although it really doesn't make any real world difference in the TQ/HP department.

I have built multiple motors in both configs & the power output is virtually identical really.

When I built the motor in my current bike, the 98" kits where a LOT more money & I couldn't afford it at the time. I bored my stock jugs to 95" & used Underground Performance high velocity Heads & Woods cams with 10.5 Wiseco forged pistons & my motor puts out more TQ/HP than 99% of the 98" motors I have seen (it put out 118 HP & well over 100 TQ on a Dyno-Jet 250 when I was dialing in the DTT ignition).

Personally, I don't care all that much about dyno #'s (if I did, I would still have my old 110"nitrous injected HD drag bike) & I built my motor to have arm ripping low end TQ & it has that in spades.

~John

Quick Reply: TMAX/FATCATS INSTALLED!!!!