Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TMAX/FATCATS INSTALLED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: TMAX/FATCATS INSTALLED!!!!

ORIGINAL: jmorton10

I would almost say that my Supertrapp is slightly louder when we compared them in my garage. But of course my motor work has a lot to do with that.
Hey Steve,

I am dying to hear a FC with the quiet baffle on a high performance motor, why don't you try it on yours & see how it sounds??

I had a FC with the standard baffle on my 10.5 compression Underground Head/Woods cammed motor (well over 100/100 TQ/HP) & it was WAY too loud for all day cruising with that motor(It was almost unbearable at 70 mph with 3.37 gearing) so I replaced it with the Supertrapp & now all is fine (even THAT is a little loud at times).

The quiet baffle was not available at the time or I certainly would have tried that first as I LOVED the FC quality. From what I have read, the quiet baffle is anything but quiet on a high performance motor however (I read it is still a LOT louder then the ST on a high compression motor with an early closing intake cam like mine)& I am hesitant to swap again until someone like you tries it first ;-)

~John
LOL..........I almost pulled the trigger this spring when AMS was having a big sale on them, but I just couldn't do it. I like the sound of the Supertrapp, the sound level is perfect, and I like the looks of it too........I would say it's the perfect exhaust for me.

If I ever do any changes in the future, or go to a Thundermax or DTT..........maybe I'll do it. But for right now..........I'm keeping the Supertrapp.

Steve

Old 06-04-2007, 07:15 PM
jmorton10
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMAX/FATCATS INSTALLED!!!!

LOL..........I almost pulled the trigger this spring when AMS was having a big sale on them, but I just couldn't do it. I like the sound of the Supertrapp, the sound level is perfect, and I like the looks of it too........I would say it's the perfect exhaust for me.
Yea, that was a great price when AMS had that sale. I think the ST is the perfect exhaust myself, I like the looks, I like the sound & I like that it's adjustable.

~John