Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a good choice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Default RE: Not a good choice.

I got you saying wierd!!! I knew you'd see things my way!!
Dude.. we are the bestest friends now!

I knew you were a BMW engineer too!! The phat way you compared it to a V-Twin and all...killer!

Now I really AM going to bed....

lp

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr

Enjoy your warrior
I do...Wierd

They look pretty cool
Even better now with the 260 rear tire outback...weird.

Bet you like that Killer HUGE Pipe that is on the warrior?
Gone the day I got it, got slashcut Cobra's on it for now and Morton's in a few weeks. Besides, is that the best insult you could come up with? I mean, you posted the retarded BS about the Victory being superior and the best you could dream up when confronted with facts was that? Damn, you would have been better off saying "Your Momma"...Wierd

And you go throw in the BMW.. which you obviously know nothing about, but spoke about it like you were some engineer or something... wierd.
Well, even though I don't own one myself, I probably know as much or more about a BMW engine as you do...weird. I worked part time for a Duc/BMW dealer a few years back. I have more than my fair share of wrench time on a BMW and probably way more than you. The comparison was made with the BMW engine as a contrast since HD and BMW motors have as much in common as a HD and a Victory...Wierd.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:16 PM
SMT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bike is better than your bike...
I have more bikes than you...
I'm smart and you're dumb...

How old are you guys?

Old 06-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5, you?

Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

ORIGINAL: 356rider

IMO, Harley decided not to make the 6 speed tranny a true overdrive and compensated by reducing the primary ratio considerably. Too much to suit me! This has the effect of robbing low end torque. Hell, the damn thing almost wants to lug starting off in first.
My '07 FLHT is the first touring bike I have ever had. I have noticed the same taking off in first gear. I don't remember
that problem with my other bikes. But, I will say this: between
70-90 mph, to me,its on themoney. If thelowerrpm driveabilitycan be improved I am all forit.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Major Bill
Cruiser

Just rode a bunch of '07 demos recently. I thought they all performed well and the 6th gear was great on the highway. I had an '01 Fat Boy that when I got above 75 or 80 was really looking for a 6th gear. Now Harley has it. Great!!

Like a bunch of guys said, the factory can only build each model with one setup. You can all come on the HD forum and learn how to set up your bike with mods that you like.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Major Bill
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: lp

Oh trust me.. I really think the Victory is better than the Warrior. But if you don't believe me...just ask me.

Why didn't I buy a Victory? Cause hoss I was not in the market to BUY a new bike. I have more than a few already. More than on that little list you got under your signature even.
How do I know I like the Victory over the Warrior? I ride all those bikes at bike week(s). Which is a great way to compare...for da cheep even. You can even form an opinon on one without even Owning it!!! Go figure?!

And for the record I only compared the Victory to the HD because they are only like 4 Cubes in difference, American Made (per se), V-Twins, with six speeds...
Call me crazy but I think thats pretty much a fair comparison. Is there another American made V-Twin Ishould compare it to?
And you go throw in the BMW.. which you obviously know nothing about, but spoke about it like you were some engineer or something... wierd.

Enjoy your warrior. They look pretty cool. Only thing...Bet you like that Killer HUGE Pipe that is on the warrior? You could ship illegals over the border in it...

Whew! Thats A LOT of sarcasm. So now that I've killed any chance you and I will ever be friends... I bid you good night!

Have a good one!

lp

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr

Much better than a Warrior... Been there done that.
Riiiggghhtt, sure you have. Funny especially since the Warrior makes more HP and torque. Then add in the fact that a Warrior is lighter, handles better and has much better brakes and it's no wonder you came up with the opinion the Victory is better . I test rode a Hammer a few weeks before deciding on the Warrior and the Hammer was a decent little bike but it was just that, decent. As for the comparison between the BMW and the Victory it was stupid, about as stupid as comparing the Victory engine to a Harley. The only similarities they share is the general configuration. If the Vistory line of motorcycles is so appealing to you, why didn't you buy one instead of the Harley? Because it isn't a Harley regardless of how hard it tries?
Someone better call the administrator!!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

I'm 5 too...
Just having some fun. Nobody got hurt. Sorry to ruin your thread..

lp

ORIGINAL: SMT

My bike is better than your bike...
I have more bikes than you...
I'm smart and you're dumb...

How old are you guys?