Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tweaking a PC-5 map

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 PM
cajun1957a
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Tweaking a PC-5 map

This week I'm putting cams and tensioners in my 03 road king classic. I contacted dynojet to ask if they could assist me in tweaking and or suggesting a new map after the cams are in. Their response was go to an authorized dynajet tuner that has a dyno. I'm 70 miles east of Detroit Michigan on the Canadian side and the closed dyno is Toronto Ontario. 180 miles away.

I don't understand enough of the power commander software to even remotely know what I'm doing. I don't understand the figures in the cells nor do I want to just try this and try that without any idea of the direction I'm going after its done. An autotune up here is going to cost me $700+. Can anyone give me an idea as to what I may try or do I even need to tweek it any more? My wrench who is doing the tensioners has suggested that I go with the better quality Cyco shoes on the tensioners, a cam service kit with new style bearings as well as adjustable push rods and tubes and S&S 510 cams. Incedently I told him some on here suggest the 509s would be a better choice, but he has don't three road kings in the last three weeks with the 510s and the owners are more than happy. I'm a shovelhead and ironhead guy. Those I understand and am not afraid to dive into. This tc-88 I'm leary hence the reason I'm getting someone else. Besides he is giving me a huge break on labour and mechanics prices on cams. He is highly respected in this area for his knowledge. He did suggest to retune if I want the most out of those new parts.

Help me out here. Who can make some experienced suggestion for the tweaking of my map................please

randy

Old 03-27-2017, 03:43 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,214 Likes on 3,749 Posts

Fuel Moto will sell you a PC5 with the appropriate map preloaded

Old 03-27-2017, 05:12 PM
cajun1957a
Road Warrior

Roussfam, I already have a new PC5. Well a year old. Up here in Canada, my hd dealer didn't deal with Fuel Moto and I had never heard of them so I'm out of luck on that. I contacted Fuel Moto a three weeks ago and offered to "pay" for their expertise but no answer.

randy

Old 03-27-2017, 08:54 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by cajun1957a
This week I'm putting cams and tensioners in my 03 road king classic. I contacted dynojet to ask if they could assist me in tweaking and or suggesting a new map after the cams are in. Their response was go to an authorized dynajet tuner that has a dyno. I'm 70 miles east of Detroit Michigan on the Canadian side and the closed dyno is Toronto Ontario. 180 miles away.

I don't understand enough of the power commander software to even remotely know what I'm doing. I don't understand the figures in the cells nor do I want to just try this and try that without any idea of the direction I'm going after its done. An autotune up here is going to cost me $700+. Can anyone give me an idea as to what I may try or do I even need to tweek it any more? My wrench who is doing the tensioners has suggested that I go with the better quality Cyco shoes on the tensioners, a cam service kit with new style bearings as well as adjustable push rods and tubes and S&S 510 cams. Incedently I told him some on here suggest the 509s would be a better choice, but he has don't three road kings in the last three weeks with the 510s and the owners are more than happy. I'm a shovelhead and ironhead guy. Those I understand and am not afraid to dive into. This tc-88 I'm leary hence the reason I'm getting someone else. Besides he is giving me a huge break on labour and mechanics prices on cams. He is highly respected in this area for his knowledge. He did suggest to retune if I want the most out of those new parts.

Help me out here. Who can make some experienced suggestion for the tweaking of my map................please

randy

go to the dyno jet website and look at some of the available canned maps. i found one that was very usesble and ran it for almost a year before a dyno tune. just a suggestion

Old 03-28-2017, 01:52 AM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

I'm curious why your mechanic doesn't have a good baseline map to help get you started out...

Old 03-28-2017, 07:06 AM
cajun1957a
Road Warrior

Tfi, I don't know why he doesn't have a map. I assume not every wrench has every map for every tuner out there. At least not up here. Dynajet did send me a revised map yesterday so I will try it out when the bike is done. Would love to have an auto tuner but not at the price they are asking up here in Canada.

randy

Old 03-28-2017, 07:13 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Roussfam, I already have a new PC5. Well a year old. Up here in Canada, my hd dealer didn't deal with Fuel Moto and I had never heard of them so I'm out of luck on that. I contacted Fuel Moto a three weeks ago and offered to "pay" for their expertise but no answer.

randy
I am in Canada, I used to run a PC5 that I ordered online from FuelMoto. Ended up buying the AT100's used off this Forum. Yes, everything costs more in Canada including the bikes. Wait until riding weather hits then do a daytrip to Toronto...3hrs each way on the 401

Old 03-31-2017, 07:27 AM
cajun1957a
Road Warrior

Roussfam, I would like to buy a used At100 if I could find one.

randy

Old 03-31-2017, 01:54 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Roussfam, I would like to buy a used At100 if I could find one.

randy
Keep checking the classified section. They show up once in a while.