Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 02:06 AM
Bigge86
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hello, if you dont mind i have a quick question , wen you did your bars, did you have to extend the any of the harness? i have some lucky 13 lucky daves bars on order and am in the middle of rounding up parts for my install. thanks ..

Old 11-26-2017, 03:16 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigge86
Hello from Orlando Florida Ace Cafe!!
Looks considerably better than the original in London!!!

Attachment 620755

Old 11-26-2017, 10:35 AM
chilidipper
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 14 inch apes- new cables? Ext?

hello, if you dont mind i have a quick question , wen you did your bars, did you have to extend the any of the harness? i have some lucky 13 lucky daves bars on order and am in the middle of rounding up parts for my install. thanks ..
I get I get a ride up on this a few days ago but here is the long and the short of it. If you stay within 14 in handlebars with no more than 8 inch pull back you will not need to get new cables. I did end up needing to get an extension for the throttle wire. There is some slack and extra cable available to be able to extend it to fit.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:39 AM
chilidipper
Cruiser
Default 14 inch apes- new cables? Ext?

I get I get a ride up on this a few days ago but here is the long and the short of it. If you stay within 14 in handlebars with no more than 8 inch pull back you will not need to get new cables. I did end up needing to get an extension for the throttle wire. There is some slack and extra cable available to be able to extend it to fit.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Noisy Cricket
Road Warrior
Received 366 Likes on 271 Posts
Default 2018 flhrxs

Ventilator A/C, S&S MK45 Slip ons, New 2 piece S/E Tuner, Black flush gas caps, Black Front brake insets, 18" light Smoke Detachable Windshield, Harley Hammock 2up seat, Detachable rider backrest, Heated grips, Black Front Axle covers. I have ordered a Kuryakyn black shift linkage that will be installed soon.

Attached Thumbnails The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD-dsc00500.jpg   The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD-dsc00515.jpg  
Old 11-26-2017, 08:03 PM
apatnaik
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all - Has anyone installed heated grips on the Road King Special? There is a thread here on 2017 Road King Heated Grips installation notes but i was not sure if there would be a difference between a regular road king vs. a road king special. IF anyone has a wiring diagram, it would help a lot.

Thanks

Old 11-26-2017, 08:23 PM
chilidipper
Cruiser
Default Nice mods

Originally Posted by Noisy Cricket
Ventilator A/C, S&S MK45 Slip ons, New 2 piece S/E Tuner, Black flush gas caps, Black Front brake insets, 18" light Smoke Detachable Windshield, Harley Hammock 2up seat, Detachable rider backrest, Heated grips, Black Front Axle covers. I have ordered a Kuryakyn black shift linkage that will be installed soon.
I like what you have done to your bike.

The following users liked this post:
Noisy Cricket (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 09:37 PM
Noisy Cricket
Road Warrior

I have them on my 2018 RK special. I had the dealer install prior to delivery. They wired through the bars just fine but I don't have a diagram. Toasty warm...just don't forget to turn then off when you get done riding of they WILL take out your battery!

The following users liked this post:
apatnaik (11-26-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,723 Likes on 842 Posts

Originally Posted by Noisy Cricket
I have them on my 2018 RK special. I had the dealer install prior to delivery. They wired through the bars just fine but I don't have a diagram. Toasty warm...just don't forget to turn then off when you get done riding of they WILL take out your battery!
They shouldn't, mine don't, if they hooked them up backwards or something, they will remain on, they should be on a switched hot lead, only on when ign switch is on.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Noisy Cricket
Road Warrior

That was dealer info when they installed them, it hasn't happened to me either. I was warned that they would leak if left on but like you I have not experienced it myself.

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD