Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024 | 02:55 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air ForceVeteran: Reserves
Community Team

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
Yes I put in on 6 months ago. My advice to anyone with black forks is to protect them with at least the clear version but I had to use the black.as my forks had taken a beating probably due to the Georgia country roads. I believe their website has the install video but if not there are some on youtube. It saved me from having to buy new forks or a removal and waiting for them to be powder coated.
Thanks Crossbow this protective film is pretty impressive from watching the videos.

The following users liked this post:
Xcrossbow (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024 | 04:31 PM
Mongo1958
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
Yes I put in on 6 months ago. My advice to anyone with black forks is to protect them with at least the clear version but I had to use the black.as my forks had taken a beating probably due to the Georgia country roads. I believe their website has the install video but if not there are some on youtube. It saved me from having to buy new forks or a removal and waiting for them to be powder coated.
I've never been to Savana on the bike. However, riding the super slabs around Atlanta is like riding in a debris field and sand blaster all at once.
One time I was riding home from work at around 12:30 AM, a vehicle kicked up something that hit the fairing with a loud thud. It left a black smear on the fairing. I think It was a piece of a tire and it polished out.
Does this stuff work on a polished set of forks?

Old 07-14-2024 | 07:29 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Has anyone tried CruzArmor on their fork legs? I'm going to be ordering it in black as I noticed some minor pitting on my 20RKS when I installed the Pro-Action fork kit recently.
Originally Posted by Mongo1958
I've never been to Savana on the bike. However, riding the super slabs around Atlanta is like riding in a debris field and sand blaster all at once.
One time I was riding home from work at around 12:30 AM, a vehicle kicked up something that hit the fairing with a loud thud. It left a black smear on the fairing. I think It was a piece of a tire and it polished out.
Does this stuff work on a polished set of forks?
Interesting question that you should probably talk to CruzArmor about.

CruzArmor (07-25-2024)
Old 07-29-2024 | 12:15 PM
Candubrain
Road Master

I have a LePera Daddy Long Legs TALL seat on order which will move me back 2" and up 2". I know this will result in me reaching too far forward for the bars. Looking for a suggestion from other tall RK riders as to what bars they suggest for height and more pull back.
thanks
brian

Old 07-29-2024 | 12:24 PM
paws619
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Candubrain
I have a LePera Daddy Long Legs TALL seat on order which will move me back 2" and up 2". I know this will result in me reaching too far forward for the bars. Looking for a suggestion from other tall RK riders as to what bars they suggest for height and more pull back.
thanks
brian
I am 6' 1" with my height coming mostly from the hips up. (I have an extra vertebrae, different story). I went with KST Kustoms adjustable bars to get more rise, pullback and narrowed grip width. There are so many set ups out there and hardly anywhere to test. If you are super lucky you may find someone close by, but it's a long shot. That is why I went with an adjustable set after deciding on how tall I wanted them. I couldn't be more happy.

The following 2 users liked this post by paws619:
Candubrain (07-29-2024), Oil, Gas & Leather (08-14-2024)
Old 07-29-2024 | 01:03 PM
relaxjim
Novice

one of my favorite mods is the flush black led fuel gauge /gas cap kit. ( $210) Totally looks like the RKS should come from factory

The following 3 users liked this post by relaxjim:
Candubrain (07-29-2024), JimRunningLizard (07-30-2024), Oil, Gas & Leather (08-14-2024)
Old 07-29-2024 | 03:10 PM
Jon Milwaukee
Stage IV
Default Set up for long haul touring.

Candubrain (07-29-2024)
Old 07-30-2024 | 06:24 PM
paws619
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jon Milwaukee

I have mine set up as a mile eater as well. Have you done any good long trips with it all set up? I'm curious about the tourpak, I have given it thought but when I had an E-glide I found the weight really impacted my ride. What are your thoughts?

Old 08-13-2024 | 05:45 PM
KingSP
3rd Gear

New to the group. Picked up a 2017 RKS Charcoal Denim in March. Came with S&S 2-1-2 head pipe and some slip ons. S&S intake and Thundermax ECU and LEDs I have since added Siouxicide Choppers engine guard and saddle bag guards. A knock off sissy bar, 18" Dominator bars. Looking to do more lighting, mirrors and floorboards soon

The following 2 users liked this post by KingSP:
AMP'd (08-14-2024), Oil, Gas & Leather (08-13-2024)
Old 08-13-2024 | 05:50 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by KingSP
New to the group. Picked up a 2017 RKS Charcoal Denim in March. Came with S&S 2-1-2 head pipe and some slip ons. S&S intake and Thundermax ECU and LEDs I have since added Siouxicide Choppers engine guard and saddle bag guards. A knock off sissy bar, 18" Dominator bars. Looking to do more lighting, mirrors and floorboards soon
Looks really great! Love the color. Only thing I'd do is change to 1 1/2" KST handlebars...)

Think I'm about to jump up to a new 2024 25th anniversary CVO 121. Looked at one today in gloss black w/dark red accents & carbon fiber accents...fell in love! But it's about $46K!!??

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD