Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 02:26 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker8807
Last time I called the local dealers here they blew me off (basically told me let them do it or they weren't helping), but I guess I could try.
Yeah the chances of me talking to a tech on the phone at my dealer or any dealer around here would be slim and none. The best hope would be that the service advisor that might answer the phone would know the answer or going in personally might get you a few minutes of a tech's advice.

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (05-21-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 03:01 PM
BrokeOne
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

After F**KING with this part for 2 hours I can officially say I’m not impressed with the fit at all! When I tighten the bottom screw I get this wonderful view of the silver ring on each side of the light!

Old 05-21-2022, 03:03 PM
BrokeOne
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

And since it goes overtop of the original ring it’s scratched the hell out of it…so if I don’t keep it on I’ll need to a get a new headlamp bezel ring.

Old 05-21-2022, 03:24 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokeOne
And since it goes overtop of the original ring it’s scratched the hell out of it…so if I don’t keep it on I’ll need to a get a new headlamp bezel ring.
That's why I let my dealer do that crap. I have one installed and it looks great! And I just got visors for my passing lamps to match the headlight...and I'm having the dealer install. Even tho it looks like loosening the bottom screw & replacing ring, then retighten. Last time I tried to even change a LED light I screwed THAT up & ended up paying the dealer MORE money, so...

Old 05-21-2022, 04:06 PM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 203 Likes on 149 Posts

Anyone know where to unplug our fuel pump? I been watching videos today to get my tank off and all of them say to unplug the grey connector under the seat, but I have 2 black ones... 1 takes away all power to console I am assuming, the other I have no clue what does because I unplugged it and it still ran fine for 5 to 10 minutes on multiple starts without it stalling from fuel.
Under the tank, as you lift up there will be one connecter for the fuel pump and one for the fuel gauge.

Last edited by coopmonte; 05-21-2022 at 04:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 08:31 AM
Joker8807
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by coopmonte
Under the tank, as you lift up there will be one connecter for the fuel pump and one for the fuel gauge.
Oh so ours is under the tank? How are you supposed to run the hose dry if you have to life it

Old 05-22-2022, 08:48 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,749 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Oh so ours is under the tank? How are you supposed to run the hose dry if you have to life it
Isn't your fuel line a quick disconnect?

Old 05-22-2022, 08:56 AM
Joker8807
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

From what I have seen on youtube its just a hard tube, nothing stopping the built up fuel in it to pour out. I would assume at least because that is why they say to run it until it stalls. I guess I will just have to use a big towel under the hose so if it pours it doesn't get on anything.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:01 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

From what I have seen on youtube its just a hard tube, nothing stopping the built up fuel in it to pour out. I would assume at least because that is why they say to run it until it stalls. I guess I will just have to use a big towel under the hose so if it pours it doesn't get on anything.
If you have a dealer nearby you really should head over there & ask the pros...or call up a small independent Harley repair shop. They're more likely to give you good advice. That's what I do.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:46 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,749 Likes on 1,014 Posts

What year bike is yours, I didn't see it mentioned but HD has been using QD fuel lines for years. Once you lift up on the locking collar at the tank and pull down on the line the shut-off valve will stop the fuel from flowing. No need to go to a Stealership. Just have a rag handy for some small residual gas.

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD