Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 06:47 PM
Road_King_Rider
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

How do you like the new gauge? I've been thinking about upgrade RKS to one of those.

Old 05-09-2022, 07:00 PM
98INFINITY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone put Samson fishtail true duals on there RKS? I have a 2020 and want to know if they killed the low end torque like everyone says?

Last edited by 98INFINITY; 05-09-2022 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:23 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Road_King_Rider
How do you like the new gauge? I've been thinking about upgrade RKS to one of those.
If you're looking at a new speedo gauge check out the KOSO HD-05 multi meter. It's da bomb! I had the Harley combo speedo before and the KOSO beats it hands down.

Old 05-09-2022, 09:29 PM
satxrider
Tourer
Received 468 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Road_King_Rider
I am pleased so far. That being said, I did not know about the KOSO offering also referenced by OG&L. It’s going to be a tough choice. I did look at Dakota Digital, but liked the HD Speedo better. I know this does not help you much.

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (05-12-2022)
Old 05-10-2022, 10:11 PM
NCmtnsrider
Advanced
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I used the Drop Top on a ride towards Memphis last year and it worked well but I use the Road Warrior with the 11 inch shield and I prefer it for the longer rides on the interstate. It has less swirling around me and with the 12 inch KSTs it works great. The Memphis Shade mounts works really well and easy to switch out depending on the temps and where I'm headed. I'll get some pics in the morning of all 3 Shields since I've been working some 12 hr shifts with GE on some 6 axis mills catching up on parts we've been waiting on. I prefer the Memphis Shades mounting system since they allow some angle adjustments which allows you to really get the shield working exactly like it should.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:02 AM
rodsky77
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NCmtnsrider
I used the Drop Top on a ride towards Memphis last year and it worked well but I use the Road Warrior with the 11 inch shield and I prefer it for the longer rides on the interstate. It has less swirling around me and with the 12 inch KSTs it works great. The Memphis Shade mounts works really well and easy to switch out depending on the temps and where I'm headed. I'll get some pics in the morning of all 3 Shields since I've been working some 12 hr shifts with GE on some 6 axis mills catching up on parts we've been waiting on. I prefer the Memphis Shades mounting system since they allow some angle adjustments which allows you to really get the shield working exactly like it should.
I run 14 inch FBI bars.
I like the Memphis Shades hardware as well for the adjustability - many people say that you can get rid of the buffeting if you just tilt them forward as needed.
Is your 11 inch shield on the the Road Warrior vented?
I understand when you have to catch up on work - not much time left for anything else - thank you, the pictures are much appreciated.

Old 05-11-2022, 09:58 PM
NCmtnsrider
Advanced
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Memphis Shade pics

Heres the pics of all 3 shields I have . Slim, Road Warrior and Drop Top

The following 4 users liked this post by NCmtnsrider:
deadeye (05-12-2022), porkster (05-11-2022), rodsky77 (05-12-2022), satxrider (05-11-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 05:35 AM
rodsky77
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NCmtnsrider
Heres the pics of all 3 shields I have . Slim, Road Warrior and Drop Top
Thank you for the pics.
The road warrior looks best.
Actually, the slim does not look bad either.
I have some thinking to do.

Thanks again.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:17 AM
Canadian
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Oil, Gas & Leather
If you're looking at a new speedo gauge check out the KOSO HD-05 multi meter. It's da bomb! I had the Harley combo speedo before and the KOSO beats it hands down.
What do like about the KOSO over the harley combo? I checked it out and it looks like its more of a big RPM tachometer with a digital number display for the speed. Is that right?

Also looks like the gear nunber display might be larger (easier to read)

Are those the reasons you prefer it?

Old 05-12-2022, 11:15 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian
What do like about the KOSO over the harley combo? I checked it out and it looks like its more of a big RPM tachometer with a digital number display for the speed. Is that right?

Also looks like the gear nunber display might be larger (easier to read)

Are those the reasons you prefer it?
Yep! Like most riders of hi performance machines I ride & shift by the tachometer. I love the clean lines of the KOSO. it has all the functions & more of the HD combo speedo. I drive my C8 Vette by the tach as well. Had sports cars all my life. Several Porsches including a 1963 365 B roadster & 1982 Targa. There's a reason they all have large tachometers!

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD