Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 09:01 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarN
Added a little touch: Russ wernimont convex mirrors. Twice as small as stock with twice as big field of view

Lookin' good!

The following users liked this post:
OscarN (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 09:03 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Took the James River ferry over to the original Jamestown settlement (VA) and stopped by a local brewery for some refreshments. It was a beautiful weather day to ride. We did about 200 miles and met some great people alone the way.

That's awesome dude. IWe wanna see those sights. My g/f parents & family are in the V Beach & Roanoke area...

Old 03-19-2022, 09:05 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Let me know what you think of the 22 when you get it mounted. That's what I don't want to happen having these extra shields sitting around. The problem is HD stopped making the brackets separately so unless a potential buyer has the brackets already we are screwed trying to sell just the shields.
FYI...you can get black aftermarket brackets on Amazon & they work perfect, look great! $61.77 shipped!

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-19-2022, 09:51 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,750 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by Oil, Gas & Leather
FYI...you can get black aftermarket brackets on Amazon & they work perfect, look
OG how many times do I have to explain it lol. It's the Windsplitter brackets you can't buy.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:53 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Sorry man. I seem to have a mental block when it comes to these freaking brackets!! Maybe from now on when you mention brackets you should specify which ones. Like regular vs windsplitter vs I dunno! LOL

Old 03-19-2022, 10:01 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Sorry man. I seem to have a mental block when it comes to these freaking brackets!! Maybe from now on when you mention brackets you should specify which ones. Like regular vs windsplitter vs I dunno! LOL
I hear you from now on I'll post pics 😆

Oil, Gas & Leather (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 10:18 AM
OscarN
Road Captain
Received 355 Likes on 198 Posts

Looks good Oscar and I like the new Freedom. I'm thinking of asking John if I can exchange for a 22. I still get a bunch of wind with the 20. Being 6-3 with this Windsplitter has its drawbacks but I like the look of it too much to give up and go standard. I'm going to call him Mon.
Vince, let us know what John says. His return policy is that once you remove the protective plastic the windshield is yours… and of course mine is non returnable due to “custom” options (vent, graphics)

Old 03-19-2022, 10:19 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

That's awesome dude. IWe wanna see those sights. My g/f parents & family are in the V Beach & Roanoke area...
OG if you ever come down this way to visit let me know.
Maybe you could trailer the cicle with you and we could do some local riding. I know it's a pain lugging a trailer but if you make it a long visit with your GF family it might be worth it.

Oil, Gas & Leather (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 10:22 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by OscarN
Vince, let us know what John says. His return policy is that once you remove the protective plastic the windshield is yours… and of course mine is non returnable due to “custom” options (vent, graphics)
Yeah I remember that policy. I was going to throw myself on his mercy lol. Honestly sitting on my bike this morning with a tape measure at 22" I don't know if the extra 2 inches would help. Since you have one on order I'm going to wait and see what you have to say about it. Check ur pm I sent you a question about the vent.

OscarN (03-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2022, 10:23 AM
OscarN
Road Captain
Received 355 Likes on 198 Posts

Yeah I remember that policy. I was going to throw myself on his mercy lol. Honestly sitting on my bike this morning with a tape measure at 22" I don't know if the extra 2 inches would help. Since you have one on order I'm going to wait and see what you have to say about it. Check ur pm I sent you a question about the vent.
yes, I replied.

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD