Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022 | 06:36 PM
CJ250
Cruiser

Yeah I agree with you re the mufflers I have on now (Fuel Moto Street Outlaws). The fishtails with true dual headers were all look/sound and loss of torque. As for the handlebars these are 14" J&P Cycle brand ape hangers, which were inexpensive and the perfect dimensions for me.

Last edited by CJ250; 01-04-2022 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2022 | 09:32 AM
Renoir1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ajcjr
not sure this is the place to ask but curious if anyone does any multi day touring on their RK Specials. Had a RGS and was thinking about trying a RKS since my touring is only a few times a year.
Yeah. Do a couple of week long trips each year. No windshield, full face helmet. Love it!

Old 01-06-2022 | 08:14 AM
Big Si
Cruiser

Originally Posted by OscarN
yup. 1 hour to get an access, 5 minutes to bleed, 1 more hour to put it back together. It’s crazy. Harley engineers could’ve pointed the bleeder valve at the angle and add a little pop plug to the bottom of the cover. Would be much easier

Less work for the dealerships though which is probably a factor?

Old 01-06-2022 | 09:39 AM
OscarN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Big Si
Less work for the dealerships though which is probably a factor?
who knows… working in the heavy truck design field I know that our service department always asks to make things easier for them to work on not harder

Old 01-06-2022 | 10:25 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air ForceVeteran: Reserves
Community Team

who knows… working in the heavy truck design field I know that our service department always asks to make things easier for them to work on not harder
HD engineering could make things easier but the dealer techs still charge the same amount of time I bet. There are plenty of folks who are going to utilize the dealerships for maintenance regardless. It's us poor sobs that turn our own wrenches that suffer their design flaws. The crazy thing about the clutch cylinder cover is it only requires a hair more clearance to come off with the stock header pipe. Why they could not factor in that little bit of room is beyond understanding.

The following users liked this post:
OscarN (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022 | 04:47 PM
OscarN
Road Captain

Few shots from today’s ride

Old 01-06-2022 | 05:02 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Few shots from today’s ride
Hey Oscar how come all your pics are in your hood? Are you really riding or just rolling it out front. Lol
Seriously though good lookin scoot and the LEDs in the lowers are pretty cool.

Old 01-06-2022 | 05:30 PM
OscarN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Hey Oscar how come all your pics are in your hood? Are you really riding or just rolling it out front. Lol
Seriously though good lookin scoot and the LEDs in the lowers are pretty cool.
Wanted to ride around the block, but my windshield is torn down and I didn’t want to go for such a long ride without it. So I rode down the driveway and back! Felt like a champ! Lol

thanks brother!

Old 01-06-2022 | 05:52 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Wanted to ride around the block, but my windshield is torn down and I didn’t want to go for such a long ride without it. So I rode down the driveway and back! Felt like a champ! Lol
thanks brother!
Too funny.
I still haven't had a chance to try out the Kahuna grips. The weather has been crap ever since I installed them. They feel good sitting in the garage though. The temps aren't getting any better the next several days. More snow tomorrow but not supposed to be as bad as this past Monday. I installed the old grips on a buddy's Triglide.

Old 01-06-2022 | 06:26 PM
OscarN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Too funny.
I still haven't had a chance to try out the Kahuna grips. The weather has been crap ever since I installed them. They feel good sitting in the garage though. The temps aren't getting any better the next several days. More snow tomorrow but not supposed to be as bad as this past Monday. I installed the old grips on a buddy's Triglide.

hope you like them when you get a chance to ride. I tried my heated Kahunas and while they get very hot I wasn’t impressed when rode Tuesday morning when it was 34 degrees. Fingers were getting iced lol. I think heated gloves would work much better.

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD