Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 08:43 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
I put 1" taller Revo's on mine, sits up a little taller obviously but puts you back to OEM ride height when you're sitting on it. Basically it's the same as standard height but gives you an extra inch of travel.

Thanks Pirate. I was just reading about that. Very cool. Might be the fix I need without actually raising the bike in a noticeable way. I had a '16 RK and it was great but the higher seat height was something I had to "manage" and it made riding a little more stress at times. I was shocked by how much more I enjoyed the RKS and the slightly lower stance basically made it as manageable as a Sporty for me so I really don't want to give that up, but happy to get back some of the ride quality.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:03 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Thanks Pirate. I was just reading about that. Very cool. Might be the fix I need without actually raising the bike in a noticeable way. I had a '16 RK and it was great but the higher seat height was something I had to "manage" and it made riding a little more stress at times. I was shocked by how much more I enjoyed the RKS and the slightly lower stance basically made it as manageable as a Sporty for me so I really don't want to give that up, but happy to get back some of the ride quality.
2 years after owning this bike and there's still days where I get nervous tip toeing backing up or dealing with gravel or sand. I've got a short inseam and a narrow frame so it makes it a bit more difficult with the extra height and weight of the RKS than what I was used to, especially during low speed maneuvers. As long as you set the sag correctly, once you plop on the bike it should lower to around where stock height is at.

The following users liked this post:
Thingfish (10-04-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 07:28 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,018 Posts

I put 1" taller Revo's on mine, sits up a little taller obviously but puts you back to OEM ride height when you're sitting on it. Basically it's the same as standard height but gives you an extra inch of travel.
Hi Pirate I'm curious how did you manage to maintain swingarm clearance with your rear exhaust system running 14" shocks?

Old 10-03-2021, 07:43 PM
OscarN
Road Captain
Received 355 Likes on 198 Posts

Scratches fixed, spark plugs changed. Oil change is coming, but still have few miles left before it’s needed.

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (11-01-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 08:04 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by OscarN
Scratches fixed, spark plugs changed. Oil change is coming, but still have few miles left before it’s needed.
Where did all the scratches come from Oscar?

Old 10-03-2021, 08:28 PM
OscarN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Where did all the scratches come from Oscar?
it was my stupid move when for some reason I decided to make a u turn on the gravel driveway at the rental house we stayed in when went to smoky mountains. Damn gravel got everywhere, crash bars dipped into it. I’ve been beating myself since then.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:05 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by OscarN
it was my stupid move when for some reason I decided to make a u turn on the gravel driveway at the rental house we stayed in when went to smoky mountains. Damn gravel got everywhere, crash bars dipped into it. I’ve been beating myself since then.
That really stinks Bro sorry to hear about that. It could happen to the best of us.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:17 PM
OscarN
Road Captain

That really stinks Bro sorry to hear about that. It could happen to the best of us.
thanks bro. Lesson learned and I consider it a good one since it was just few minor scratches, could’ve been worse. I know a girl who totaled her bike on the gravel.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:33 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Hi Pirate I'm curious how did you manage to maintain swingarm clearance with your rear exhaust system running 14" shocks?
They're 13" shocks, the RKS comes with 12"

Old 10-04-2021, 08:58 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

They're 13" shocks, the RKS comes with 12"
Thanks Pirate my mistake I thought I saw 14" shocks mentioned before. I just did the same as you replacing my stock 12s with 13s but using Drag Specialties shocks. I was surprised how cheesey the HD shocks were especially the size of the coil spring on the right side.

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD