Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 07:24 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarN
Fitted klock werks wrap fender and now have to clean the rim

Fender looks sweet. I got that left to do along with Ness deep cut forks & boot(ANOTHER grand!!). You need a nice aftermarket air cleaner...)

Old 09-08-2021, 07:33 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,750 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Fitted klock werks wrap fender and now have to clean the rim
Which windshield extension are you running? I have a Laminar Lip coming next Monday. I have the HD Windsplitter just like you which I love the look of but at 6'3" I get all the wind and noise.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:40 PM
OscarN
Road Captain
Received 355 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Oil, Gas & Leather
Fender looks sweet. I got that left to do along with Ness deep cut forks & boot(ANOTHER grand!!). You need a nice aftermarket air cleaner...)
thanks Jon. I like the look of the stock air cleaner cover. There is a big Arlen ness filter element behind it 😁

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (09-09-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 07:43 PM
OscarN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Which windshield extension are you running? I have a Laminar Lip coming next Monday. I have the HD Windsplitter just like you which I love the look of but at 6'3" I get all the wind and noise.
it’s a cheap Amazon chit. It blew up on the interstate on the second day after I installed it, but didn’t fall off so I modified it and it’s been working fine since then. Amazon seller refunded me after I posted a one-star review 😁

Old 09-08-2021, 08:21 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,750 Likes on 1,014 Posts

it’s a cheap Amazon chit. It blew up on the interstate on the second day after I installed it, but didn’t fall off so I modified it and it’s been working fine since then. Amazon seller refunded me after I posted a one-star review 😁
Ok thanks I was looking at those el cheapos on Chinazon but kept digging until I came across the Laminar Lip. They are made in the USA and the guy Andy I spoke to in CA made me a smoked version for my Windsplitter. They only make lips for bikes that come with windshields from the factory but I told him it is a HD shield from the catalog.
BTW your front fender looks awesome and I agree with you about the stock airbox. I kept mine on as well and did a homemade crankcase breather mod and installed a K&N big filter.
​​​

OscarN (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 08:50 PM
OscarN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Ok thanks I was looking at those el cheapos on Chinazon but kept digging until I came across the Laminar Lip. They are made in the USA and the guy Andy I spoke to in CA made me a smoked version for my Windsplitter. They only make lips for bikes that come with windshields from the factory but I told him it is a HD shield from the catalog.
BTW your front fender looks awesome and I agree with you about the stock airbox. I kept mine on as well and did a homemade crankcase breather mod and installed a K&N big filter.
​​​
thanks man. I’ll take a look at that “lip”, thanks for the info!

Old 09-11-2021, 10:42 AM
Billsbuffalo
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by _TRAIN

Just picked this up at the end of the week. Fresh from paint, this is a 2021 RKS in Gunship Grey. Color turned out great and I'm loving this bike! Can't wait for the break in period to be finished.

Trying to figure out what tank emblems to put on.
The Red tank emblem like those on an Electra Glide Standard would look stunning on that lovely grey colour!

Oil, Gas & Leather (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 10:54 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Billsbuffalo
The Red tank emblem like those on an Electra Glide Standard would look stunning on that lovely grey colour!
Agree! Great contrast, would look sharp! Also agree on the RKS! Deeply in love with my 2019. Myself and most others agree...Harley knocked it outta da park with the RK Special. Best bike ever built by Harley, IMHO! I'll be buried with mine cuz I have way too much money invested in upgrades to ever get rid of it! And happy to keep er!!

Billsbuffalo (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 01:32 PM
Renoir1
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Oil, Gas & Leather
Agree! Great contrast, would look sharp! Also agree on the RKS! Deeply in love with my 2019. Myself and most others agree...Harley knocked it outta da park with the RK Special. Best bike ever built by Harley, IMHO! I'll be buried with mine cuz I have way too much money invested in upgrades to ever get rid of it! And happy to keep er!!
Ditto

Oil, Gas & Leather (09-11-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 03:59 PM
CJ250
Cruiser
Received 202 Likes on 69 Posts

A constant work in progress

The following 3 users liked this post by CJ250:
bpav16 (11-02-2021), jostein3 (11-06-2021), WristpinKnock (09-16-2021)

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD