Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 12:39 PM
Road_King_Rider
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
I picked up my Night Train just to scratch a project itch and I kina missed by Dyna after trading it in on the RKS. I do enjoy not having to throw around a heavier bike around town with the Softail, and the TC does sound better than the M8. Kind of a "raw vs refined" scenario, but the M8 spanks the 110SE I had in every way.
I'm feeling the same about my two bikes, '21 RKS and '15 Sportster 72. Each offers a different ride and feel that appeal to me in different ways. The RKS is a great fast ride that's fun to put into curves, whereas my Sporty still has the "raw" feel of a bare bones bike that's great for whipping around town with its chopper-like style. It would be hard to part with it, but if I had to choose (and it's not much of a choice) the Sporty would go before I'd even think if losing my RKS! I agree that HD really has hit a homerun the RKS!

The following 2 users liked this post by Road_King_Rider:
Kojax (08-09-2021), Oil, Gas & Leather (09-06-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 01:32 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

nice bike i like your dark custom horn cover

The following users liked this post:
Road_King_Rider (09-13-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 11:05 PM
stm250
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Picked up a 2020 RKS with 1200 miles, Bike has Full D&D billet cat 2:1 with ghost pipe, Factory 47 bars, Harley vented windshield, SE heavy breather, SE tuner, Klockwerks front fender, 2021 chopped crash bar, HD backrest, stock seat reworked thinner up front, Feuling vented dipstick, absolutely love this bike, it’s such a BA looking bike, I didn’t want another black bagger but I couldn’t pass this one up. Next is a chopped tour pack and LED headlight but other than that I think I’m just going to enjoy it and ride without going crazy like I did on the 124” SG.

The following 2 users liked this post by stm250:
Miatsoci (11-06-2021), Oil, Gas & Leather (09-06-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 06:02 AM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Air Force
Received 1,750 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by stm250
but other than that I think I’m just going to enjoy it and ride without going crazy like I did on the 124” SG.
We've all said this before but it doesn't last. 😁
Congrats nice looking scoot and you got some great mods in the deal. Next to go are those orange fork reflectors and the red red reflector over the rear lights. Enjoy it, I love my 20 RKS best bike I've ever owned so far....

Oil, Gas & Leather (09-06-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 01:42 PM
stm250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
We've all said this before but it doesn't last. 😁
Congrats nice looking scoot and you got some great mods in the deal. Next to go are those orange fork reflectors and the red red reflector over the rear lights. Enjoy it, I love my 20 RKS best bike I've ever owned so far....
Yea I know 🤣 after warranty is up I’ll start doing some things, I was going to tackle the reflectors this week since we just got home from family vacation and have a few honey do list things to get done first for the wife and kids. Thanks much buddy.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:54 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Yea I know 🤣 after warranty is up I’ll start doing some things, I was going to tackle the reflectors this week since we just got home from family vacation and have a few honey do list things to get done first for the wife and kids. Thanks much buddy.
I do agree with you though about taking it easy on the wallet with the RKS. I'm trying to do the same thing and just add needed mods. My bike already had close to 6k in add ons from the original owner. So far I've put less than 2k in needed mods for me. I'm not touching the power plant including the cat. I did add slip ons and a k&n filter in the stock housing and I did the breather mod which was a home made job. I guess I did mess with the power plant lol.

Oil, Gas & Leather (09-06-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 09:57 PM
stm250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
I do agree with you though about taking it easy on the wallet with the RKS. I'm trying to do the same thing and just add needed mods. My bike already had close to 6k in add ons from the original owner. So far I've put less than 2k in needed mods for me. I'm not touching the power plant including the cat. I did add slip ons and a k&n filter in the stock housing and I did the breather mod which was a home made job. I guess I did mess with the power plant lol.
My builder is already trying to talk me into a cam and different tuner after warranty but honestly I spent so much time and money on the 124” SG an the numerous issues with big power=bigger problems that I am happy with the way this RKS is. Cam would be nice most definitely but only time will tell plus wifey was like yea no more big builds let’s just ride this one 😆, Seat, tour pack, taller backrest, thinking the moons mc fly eyes headlight, and possibly Memphis shades road warrior(on the fence still about that) I did pop the HD windshield off today and I dig that look but having the shield is nice haha

Old 09-06-2021, 02:38 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Does anybody have the rider hold mode on their bikes? I haven't been able to get mine to work so far. I'm following the owners manual and it sounds pretty cut and dry. If you have it and know any tricks I'd like to hear about them.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:43 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

My builder is already trying to talk me into a cam and different tuner after warranty but honestly I spent so much time and money on the 124” SG an the numerous issues with big power=bigger problems that I am happy with the way this RKS is. Cam would be nice most definitely but only time will tell plus wifey was like yea no more big builds let’s just ride this one 😆, Seat, tour pack, taller backrest, thinking the moons mc fly eyes headlight, and possibly Memphis shades road warrior(on the fence still about that) I did pop the HD windshield off today and I dig that look but having the shield is nice haha
Wood Performance 22X-E cam & Powervision tuner. While you're at it change the cuffs, oil pump, cam bearing & cam plate...)
I did and WOW! Makes my butt cheeks clench when I get on it!

OscarN (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 07:21 PM
OscarN
Road Captain
Received 355 Likes on 198 Posts

Fitted klock werks wrap fender and now have to clean the rim

Oil, Gas & Leather (09-08-2021)

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD