Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2021 | 01:25 PM
Joker8807
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bloody Marvelous
They're part number 68000042.
Keep in mind you'll probably also need to replace your turn signal housing for 67800166 (gloss black), since they're flat black on the Road King Special.
The dealer will work out the wiring and switch for you.

I had the same thing on my previous bike.
I want to keep my Turn Signals on the bars like they are stock on the specials but just add some driving lights because riding at night in Indiana is difficult with all the pot holes etc with just the headlight, even with LED light in. In other news my exhaust has finally arrived. Looking forward to getting to that this weekend!

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (05-03-2021)
Old 05-02-2021 | 10:23 PM
OscarN
Road Captain

First wash after ceramic coating, changed the oil and needed to rinse that oil off around oil filter where it dripped down plus I had a lot of pollen on the bike. Ceramic coating works - I didn’t do anything, but rinsed with pressure washer and dried with the leaf blower. No rugs. Water just ran off. Pretty cool.

The following 3 users liked this post by OscarN:
Ivabign (05-05-2021), Oil, Gas & Leather (05-03-2021), vianos (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021 | 08:13 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TIDE
If thats the case, your cables are not long enough? Or the tech is too lazy to do it right.
I have the exact same setup and we had to adjust them three times for me to be comfortable.
Bike is beautiful & looks fassst! only one thing I'd change...the seat. A seat upgrade would compliment the beauty & custom look of your gorg machine! I went with the road sofa ls heated & never looked back. Well, I do have another for solo runs, Harley lo profile w/toast stitch. It's an amazing solo seat, SUPER comfy! Bought it from another member here!

Old 05-03-2021 | 08:19 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by OscarN
Thanks Jon. Yours sure looks very custom now.

Surface prep and paint correction are the key thing for ceramic coating. You can think of the ceramic coating as much harder and durable wax, so it's pretty much like a clear coat and it will not hide any scratches, but reveal them instead. That's why you want to take a time on surface prep. I did double bucket wash, then clay bar then Mothers surf prep followed by 3-in-1 polish and coat and, finally ceramic coat. Took me about 12 hours to do all that. While I can still see some scratches when look closely I'm happy with how it turned out. Local shop quoted me $1,500, I understand that professional application will be much better and last longer, but I can't shell out $1,500 right now.

Let me know if you have any questions
No questions my brotha. Cuz you ansered em all! LOL Bike really looks fine. I am aware of ceramic coat cuz we're getting it done immediately on delivery of our new '21 C8 Corvette convertible. We plan on taking delivery at the dealership McMulkin Nashua & driving it straight to the c coat dude. That will be in late July. I might just get my bike completely repainted in gloss black. Have a friend up the street who does great work, owns a body shop, etc. He buys gold from me (I've been in the prec metals & diamond biz for over 18 years). Might work out a deal with him!

Please ride safe this summer. Roads are gonna be packed with 4 wheel idiots this summer as they come out of their hidey holes!!

OscarN (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021 | 10:21 AM
OscarN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Oil, Gas & Leather
No questions my brotha. Cuz you ansered em all! LOL Bike really looks fine. I am aware of ceramic coat cuz we're getting it done immediately on delivery of our new '21 C8 Corvette convertible. We plan on taking delivery at the dealership McMulkin Nashua & driving it straight to the c coat dude. That will be in late July. I might just get my bike completely repainted in gloss black. Have a friend up the street who does great work, owns a body shop, etc. He buys gold from me (I've been in the prec metals & diamond biz for over 18 years). Might work out a deal with him!

Please ride safe this summer. Roads are gonna be packed with 4 wheel idiots this summer as they come out of their hidey holes!!
good deal and be safe out there too, my friend! One idiot pulled out in front of me at the parking lot just yesterday, but I knew she’s gonna do it so I stopped before that. She didn’t even apologize like it was all good, that’s what boils my blood the most! Ignorant people suck.

Oil, Gas & Leather (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021 | 10:57 AM
peewee719
Stage II

I recently installed 17" apes on my 2014 flhr and where I like my bars interferes with the windshield when I want it on (and spare me the get rid of the windshield comments, arthritis sucks) does any one know of an adapter to move the top of the windshield forward?

Old 05-03-2021 | 11:05 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by peewee719
I recently installed 17" apes on my 2014 flhr and where I like my bars interferes with the windshield when I want it on (and spare me the get rid of the windshield comments, arthritis sucks) does any one know of an adapter to move the top of the windshield forward?
I have the same problem. Can't even use my $30.00 windsplitter windshield at all. But I have two Freedom shields, short & tall that I made work by pulling the bars back a bit. I'd try to add rubber bushings to pull the windshield out a bit, but not too much cuz wind could grab it & rip it right the hell off

Old 05-03-2021 | 05:31 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bloody Marvelous
I got the CARLINI RISERS ROAD KING 2014-2020 1.50” DIAMETER [HHR-7] from Carlini.
https://www.carlinidesign.com/produc...-50-2014-2020/
Apparently the Carlini Risers were out of stock so they ordered an LA Choppers riser. Since the holes don't line up my bars can not be pulled back farther than they are. The parts guy who ordered my parts asked me to pay for half the labor for them to remove the LA Choppers Riser and machine it so that it will work with my bike. No F'n Chance! was my reply. I bought this bike February 16th and it's STILL not what I ordered. I've never experienced such a TERRIBLE parts department in my life.

The following 2 users liked this post by Pablo22:
Bloody Marvelous (05-03-2021), Oil, Gas & Leather (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021 | 06:01 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Pablo22
Apparently the Carlini Risers were out of stock so they ordered an LA Choppers riser. Since the holes don't line up my bars can not be pulled back farther than they are. The parts guy who ordered my parts asked me to pay for half the labor for them to remove the LA Choppers Riser and machine it so that it will work with my bike. No F'n Chance! was my reply. I bought this bike February 16th and it's STILL not what I ordered. I've never experienced such a TERRIBLE parts department in my life.
That is B. S.!! The cluster F*&k is ON THEM for subbing parts without your permission...UNLESS you said "ok let's do it"! Curious minds just gotta know...who is it??

Old 05-03-2021 | 06:10 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Oil, Gas & Leather
I have the same problem. Can't even use my $30.00 windsplitter windshield at all. But I have two Freedom shields, short & tall that I made work by pulling the bars back a bit. I'd try to add rubber bushings to pull the windshield out a bit, but not too much cuz wind could grab it & rip it right the hell off
That was supposed to read ". Can't even use my $430.00 Harley branded windsplitter windshield at all."
So anyone wanna buy a windsplitter windshield? Like new, I can't use it.
SPEAK UP! Make an offer! $$$

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD