Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 09:50 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarN
Finished speaker installation, new lowers and lower led inserts from CD. Cannot upload videos here unfortunately

Nice Oscar. I bit the bullet today & bought that Siouxicide Excalibur angled backrest with diamond stitch pad to match my saddlemen LS seat. Might get their luggage rack as well...only $$!

The following users liked this post:
OscarN (03-11-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:39 AM
Joker8807
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone seen, heard, or own one of our Specials with V&H Big Radius exhausts? They have always been my favorite looking exhaust. Wanted to see how well they look and sound/perform on our bikes. Going to be upgrading the exhaust, intake and tuner on my bike and I am just not huge on full dual exhaust, yet the 2:1 Exhaust make me feel like something is missing.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:02 AM
iwishiwasdata
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarN
Finished speaker installation, new lowers and lower led inserts from CD. Cannot upload videos here unfortunately

Those LED's are sick...

Old 03-15-2021, 10:26 AM
Bloody Marvelous
Road Captain
Received 282 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker8807
Has anyone seen, heard, or own one of our Specials with V&H Big Radius exhausts? They have always been my favorite looking exhaust. Wanted to see how well they look and sound/perform on our bikes. Going to be upgrading the exhaust, intake and tuner on my bike and I am just not huge on full dual exhaust, yet the 2:1 Exhaust make me feel like something is missing.
You could get a 2-into-1 with a ghost pipe for the left side (assuming that's what you meant by "something is missing"). Plenty manufacturers offer that option.
If you're going with dual exhausts, make sure it's got a crossover (2-1-2), and it's not a 2-into-2. You'll be sacrificing the scavenging effect if you're going to go true dual.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:33 AM
Joker8807
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bloody Marvelous
You could get a 2-into-1 with a ghost pipe for the left side (assuming that's what you meant by "something is missing"). Plenty manufacturers offer that option.
If you're going with dual exhausts, make sure it's got a crossover (2-1-2), and it's not a 2-into-2. You'll be sacrificing the scavenging effect if you're going to go true dual.
Yeah I have thought about the ghost pipe as well, but that puts me back at having the dual pipes. I have always wanted a set of Radius' but I just don't know what it would look like on a special with our bigger bags. Plus I have heard people saying they have had raise that sides passenger floorboard. My wife already doesn't like the height they are at, she wouldn't like it if I made it any higher. I am sure I could offset that by getting a higher back seat but that would probably end up having to wait till next year.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:50 AM
Bloody Marvelous
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Joker8807
Yeah I have thought about the ghost pipe as well, but that puts me back at having the dual pipes. I have always wanted a set of Radius' but I just don't know what it would look like on a special with our bigger bags. Plus I have heard people saying they have had raise that sides passenger floorboard. My wife already doesn't like the height they are at, she wouldn't like it if I made it any higher. I am sure I could offset that by getting a higher back seat but that would probably end up having to wait till next year.
Ah, got it .
I personally don't like a single pipe in combination with the extended bags because it does leave that gaping hole on the left side. But that may not be an issue for you.
If you haven't lowered the passenger footboards, they won't interfere with a 2-into-1 pipe. There's enough clearance.

Did a quick googly for some pics.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:17 AM
Joker8807
Advanced

Ah, got it .
I personally don't like a single pipe in combination with the extended bags because it does leave that gaping hole on the left side. But that may not be an issue for you.
If you haven't lowered the passenger footboards, they won't interfere with a 2-into-1 pipe. There's enough clearance.

Did a quick googly for some pics.

Yeah, I did a google search but can't find any actual specials that have the extended bags with the exhaust.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:06 PM
Bloody Marvelous
Road Captain

Were you thinking about the V&H Big Radius 2-into-1? Because I don't think they make that one for the Touring bikes, only for the Softails. Looking at the arc of that 2-into-1, I don't think that will fit with hard bags.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:27 PM
Joker8807
Advanced

Were you thinking about the V&H Big Radius 2-into-1? Because I don't think they make that one for the Touring bikes, only for the Softails. Looking at the arc of that 2-into-1, I don't think that will fit with hard bags.
No you got the right ones. https://www.jpcycles.com/product/500...yword=160-2018

Old 03-15-2021, 06:21 PM
BrkOut
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Even though options are always plentiful, I’ve heard it so much and tend to believe it that many who are currently riding on a 114 are completely thrilled with stock performance. I’ve never heard people say this so much about anything else they were riding on except for maybe a handful of people I’ve spoken to who had a SE 110.

I’m planning on switching to one of the touring platforms in the near future and was of course considering the RKS. But there is a pretty good deal (KBB-wise) at a nearby shop on a Road King with a 110. I haven’t had a chance to go in and look at or ride it, but I wanted others’ thoughts to see if it will go along with what I discover after testing both.

Have any of you had the honor of owning or extensively riding both a current M8 114 touring model and a past touring model with a 110? I’d love to hear how much difference there is. Of course you can discuss the spec numbers, but I’d like some subjective viewpoints as well. TIA

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD