Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 10:09 AM
Joker8807
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone know where I can get a set of plug and play wire extensions. Went and got some KST 14" renegades, and I don't feel like trying to reroute any wiring and stock doesn't seem to fit. I bought these https://www.jpcycles.com/product/510...ing-extensions but unless I am missing something the plugs are not the same.

Old 03-01-2021, 10:46 AM
coopmonte
Road Captain
Received 203 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker8807
Anyone know where I can get a set of plug and play wire extensions. Went and got some KST 14" renegades, and I don't feel like trying to reroute any wiring and stock doesn't seem to fit. I bought these https://www.jpcycles.com/product/510...ing-extensions but unless I am missing something the plugs are not the same.
Off the top of my head, you can go to HD and get some. But I usually order from Guerrilla Cables, they will get you what you need.

http://guerrillacables.com

edit: added link.

Old 03-01-2021, 02:42 PM
SkullsAndChrome
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Bassett
I'm sure she will. Just give it about 500mile breakin. Mine really got comfy after about 750 miles. I got the driver backrest with mine but never use it. That high rise at rear of seat gives SUPERB back support plus helps with passenger separation./comfort. I added the Souixide angled backrest that gives even more room for the g/f. She's happy when she's comfy and you know what THAT means! Roaming hands on the road...Haha Just know it will feel a little stiff at first. It'll break in perfect. Enjoy!
I heard the same thing about the break in from other reviews. I was thinking about the driver backrest too, but i think it'll feel like im too far forward.

Ha Nice! The wife didn't feel secure with the old seat with that sloping curve at the rear of the seat. Especially with no passenger backrest, which i don't have for her since she doesn't go on often. Maybe i'll need to hook her up, so she can "hook me up" like your g/f does for you

The following users liked this post:
Oil, Gas & Leather (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 07:52 AM
Dustin Cleary
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2019 rks

Went through two Harleys on my way to this bike, from the smallest Harley model around to a Breakout Softail and then my current bike. I have never liked the look of a faring, utility and comfort be damned. I saw this bike with the Bonneville Salt Denim paint job and could hardly sleep. This bike is like my best friend, I am constantly finding ways to turn wrenches on it. I have swapped out mufflers and headers, installed the cobra auto tuner, changed out various covers and assemblies, swapped out the handlebars for 14” Cyclesmiths complete with rewire and cable extension, changed out the front fender and ordered and installed custom wheels, and I think it may see the inside of a shop for something other than a maintenance for the first time pretty soon for the cam chest upgrade to avoid the grenade I hear about with the M8.

it has FTD customs nightmare style Wheels and Pirelli night dragon Tyres. I have a custom Corbin Widowmaker coming in black and white also. This bike has been so much fun, and I couldn’t see getting rid of it, unless something drastically changes about my taste when I get older. I am 32 years old, and I don’t mind the wind. We will see what the years ahead bring. I have some heated gear on the way and will be installing leads for my wife and I both. I live in Washington state and plan to take it for a ride down through Utah and back in July.

it’s awesome to see all of the cool builds on this thread. Really love this bike! Glad to see you there is a community out there of people who agree.

Last edited by Dustin Cleary; 03-05-2021 at 08:01 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Dustin Cleary:
iwishiwasdata (03-15-2021), Oil, Gas & Leather (03-05-2021), SkullsAndChrome (03-05-2021), stratplexi (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 08:14 AM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin Cleary
Went through two Harleys on my way to this bike, from the smallest Harley model around to a Breakout Softail and then my current bike. I have never liked the look of a faring, utility and comfort be damned. I saw this bike with the Bonneville Salt Denim paint job and could hardly sleep. This bike is like my best friend, I am constantly finding ways to turn wrenches on it. I have swapped out mufflers and headers, installed the cobra auto tuner, changed out various covers and assemblies, swapped out the handlebars for 14” Cyclesmiths complete with rewire and cable extension, changed out the front fender and ordered and installed custom wheels, and I think it may see the inside of a shop for something other than a maintenance for the first time pretty soon for the cam chest upgrade to avoid the grenade I hear about with the M8.

it has FTD customs nightmare style Wheels and Pirelli night dragon Tyres. I have a custom Corbin Widowmaker coming in black and white also. This bike has been so much fun, and I couldn’t see getting rid of it, unless something drastically changes about my taste when I get older. I am 32 years old, and I don’t mind the wind. We will see what the years ahead bring. I have some heated gear on the way and will be installing leads for my wife and I both. I live in Washington state and plan to take it for a ride down through Utah and back in July.

it’s awesome to see all of the cool builds on this thread. Really love this bike! Glad to see you there is a community out there of people who agree.

I hear you bro! I am of same mind, and twice ur age too! I'll own my RKS for life. Also, you said "to avoid the grenade I hear about with the M8.". That is FAKE NEWS! The M8 is the best motor Harley ever made. 17K miles with ZERO issues. Just threw a WOOD 22x-E cam in it to boot!

The following users liked this post:
SkullsAndChrome (03-05-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 12:07 AM
T Prescott
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone know the pull back dimension of the stock bars? Thanks.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:32 AM
CrimSonami
Road Captain
Received 330 Likes on 180 Posts

N/M - Posted in wrong thread.

Last edited by CrimSonami; 03-06-2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:56 AM
Joker8807
Advanced

Can anyone help me out. Putting my Handlebars back on, and can't find the match for the 2nd wire on the throttle by wire set. It is the one that has the long connecter with just 2 blade terminals. It seems to run fine without it, but my check engine soon light is on the entire time.

Old 03-07-2021, 12:02 PM
GreenMonster
Road Master
Received 618 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker8807
Can anyone help me out. Putting my Handlebars back on, and can't find the match for the 2nd wire on the throttle by wire set. It is the one that has the long connecter with just 2 blade terminals. It seems to run fine without it, but my check engine soon light is on the entire time.
it’s not needed it’s for heated grips

Old 03-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Joker8807
Advanced

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
it’s not needed it’s for heated grips
Awesome, was getting nervous. Now just time to figure out why darn lights on...

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD