Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 12:15 PM
simplysql
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jlb2782
Been through this thread a few times. I can't possibly try to look again. Does anyone have a C&C seat on their RKS?? The stock seat leaves a lot to be desired. Pretty sure my wife will hate it. None of my dealers around here do demo seats anymore, so thats out. I understand seats are subjective, like windshields and everything else, but I am open to suggestions.
I've had my C&C for just about a year - absolutely no regrets - best seat ever. Extremely comfortable - and I love the way it looks. The order process was very easy. These are not cheap, by any means - but worth every penny.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Canadian
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jlb2782
Been through this thread a few times. I can't possibly try to look again. Does anyone have a C&C seat on their RKS?? The stock seat leaves a lot to be desired. Pretty sure my wife will hate it. None of my dealers around here do demo seats anymore, so thats out. I understand seats are subjective, like windshields and everything else, but I am open to suggestions.
I literally just posted a new thread in the touring section of this forum about my new C&C seat. Check out the link below.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...nd-c-seat.html

Old 04-08-2020, 09:01 AM
Vonswanko
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Just installed the S&S 2-1 Sidewinder (EPA compliant Version). Sounds deep. Just need to get out and ride it now.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:07 AM
6113_
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 33,003 Likes on 12,902 Posts

does the left side look "awkward" with the bag on since there isn't a pipe on that side?

Old 04-08-2020, 09:11 AM
Vonswanko
Road Master

Originally Posted by 6113_
does the left side look "awkward" with the bag on since there isn't a pipe on that side?

Not any more, I swapped to a set of standard bags.

The extended bags didn't look that bad, it probably bothered me more than anyone else. I doubt most even would notice.

The following 2 users liked this post by Vonswanko:
6113_ (04-08-2020), Mchad (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 09:27 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonswanko
Not any more, I swapped to a set of standard bags.

The extended bags didn't look that bad, it probably bothered me more than anyone else. I doubt most even would notice.
You’re not alone. I went with standard bags when I got my 2:1. Plus I absolutely hated that the extended bags wouldn’t stand upright on their own when removed from the bike. They were pretty cheap, just the painted lowers from my dealer. I think around 180 each.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Vonswanko
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mchad
You’re not alone. I went with standard bags when I got my 2:1. Plus I absolutely hated that the extended bags wouldn’t stand upright on their own when removed from the bike. They were pretty cheap, just the painted lowers from my dealer. I think around 180 each.
I scored a set of take off Special bags with the silver pinstripes for $80. Couldn’t pass it up.

My extended bags must’ve fallen over at least a dozen times.

I do miss the extra bit of storage the extended bags offered. My RKS is my daily transportation and my rain suit fit right down I that little corner pocket.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:33 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonswanko
I scored a set of take off Special bags with the silver pinstripes for $80. Couldn’t pass it up.

My extended bags must’ve fallen over at least a dozen times.

I do miss the extra bit of storage the extended bags offered. My RKS is my daily transportation and my rain suit fit right down I that little corner pocket.
That's got to be the deal of the century! Excellent.

Old 04-11-2020, 04:47 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHo
I guess if you do it backwards you can justify paying more fo no windshield, bars in back, driving lights, and windshield. The point made before was that HD found a way to charge more for a lot less by simply changing out which parts they put on the bike. I seriously doubt it cost them the same as a regular RK.

If it floats your boat then go for it, don't try silly justifications
You sound REALLY jealous...I love it! hahaha!

But not more than I love my 2019 RK Special! Added V&H power duals, SVT Boneshakers, Fuelpak3 & some choice select Arlen Ness cosmetics. Now I love it even MORE! Harley did themselves right with the Special model. HUGE improvements right outta the factory. I'll keep this bike 4evah!

Old 04-11-2020, 04:48 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 643 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
If it's the look you're after it's not a silly justification - better to just buy it off the floor already done because trying to replicate it would be tons. Buy the "missing" stuff separate.
He's just jealous bro!

Quick Reply: The All things ROAD KING SPECIAL THREAD